No announcement yet.

What obesity is good for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think its bitchy. You weren't judging the fat person, their size simply served as a reminder of what you have been working hard to achieve.

Comment

The downside is that you're not always going to have an obese person handy whenever you are on a collision course with a doughnut.

Comment

Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
        You know, when I hear the overweight being told their weight is like walking around carrying a heavy backpack, I always think "but isn't that good exercise?"
        Maybe, but its fucken hard work dragging that shit around everyday.

Comment

It stopped you from getting a doughnut, so I guess it was okay.

If you'd like to achieve the same effect without using another person, carry around the most unflattering pre-Primal picture you have in your wallet/purse. Preferably put it near the part of the wallet/purse that has you credit card/cash. I have one in my wallet ... fucking hate that picture but everytime I see it, it reminds me what I was doing before DOESN'T work. Especially when I'm buying stuff in the store because those cheats that sometimes appear in my cart need to go back.
          Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

I don't know, me, I'd rather eat a muffin than be a fucking douchebag. Generally.

Comment

Originally posted by foodiegoneprimal View Post
              I don't think its bitchy. You weren't judging the fat person, their size simply served as a reminder of what you have been working hard to achieve.
              I agree! I would have reacted the same way whether it was an obese person or a swimsuit model .

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                I don't know, me, I'd rather eat a muffin than be a fucking douchebag. Generally.
                Well said.

Comment

Imagine how that person would feel if you had said this to their face?
                  Have you ever actually been morbidly obese? I doubt it or you would not have posted it.
                  Thinking something like this is one thing, but posting it on a forum full of obese/overweight people trying to change their life is another thing. Just plain nasty as far as I am concerned.
                  This is why I HATE going out in public actually, because of people like you making me feel worse about the way I look. I am sure that person feels bad enough about it already. Yes she was eating crap, but doesn't mean she doesn't want to or is not trying to change her life. Maybe she needs some help as she might not know how to lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    Have you ever actually been morbidly obese? I doubt it or you would not have posted it.
                    Thinking something like this is one thing, but posting it on a forum full of obese/overweight people trying to change their life is another thing. Just plain nasty as far as I am concerned.
                    This is why I HATE going out in public actually, because of people like you making me feel worse about the way I look. I am sure that person feels bad enough about it already. Yes she was eating crap, but doesn't mean she doesn't want to or is not trying to change her life. Maybe she needs some help as she might not know how to lose weight.
                    I've been obese, yes. That's just one reason I would never say that to her face.

What I typed was what happened and I said I'm not proud of it. I acknowledge immoral thoughts and admit to having them.

I read things in here all the time that make me feel bad; that experience is not limited to the overweight. Nevertheless, I sincerely apologize to you for my processing of my immoral thoughts negatively affecting you. I am sorry.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinions and thoughts, just as everyone is.
                      But some things are better left unsaid, truly.
                      I thank you for apologising.

Comment

Yes, I am sorry too. That is the second time in as many days.
                        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

One of the main reasons I don't have kids is because I watch the little weasels in public and say, "F*ck no." If someone doesn't want a muffin because my fatass is eating one - well, more power to them. I'll enjoy it and still won't give two sh*ts what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            Needs help and doesn't know how to lose weight? No matter how nutritionally clueless some people are, I doubt there's an adult alive who doesn't know donuts and pastries are fattening junk foods. If an obese donut eating stranger motivates TS to stay on path, then all the power to her.
                            Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 01-31-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
                              Then I walked in the cafeteria and the first person I see there is huge. Brookhaven Obesity Clinic fat.

I walked right past the pastries without a glance and got my water.
                              Like I have always said, nobody is a total failure, at least you can serve as a bad example.

Randal
                              AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                              http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                                Like I have always said, nobody is a total failure, at least you can serve as a bad example.

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X