Frankenfoods Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenfoods Thread

I think its time for a dedicated thread for all those frankenfoodsthat make you curse out loud in the middle of the supermarket.

To start, I found this beauty last night.

IMG_20130129_195551.jpg

Its the model and the weights that really do it for me.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Ooh goody, the goo in the plastic bag is fat free!

Comment

my aunt bought my grandmother a package of vegetarian bologna

facepalm+sigh
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
        Ooh goody, the goo in the plastic bag is fat free!
        I know! Lucky for us. I think it was also cholesterol and fun free too, I just couldnt capture all the writing.

And of course it's PASTEURISED!
        The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

I own four pre-apocalypse twinkies. Jump up and down about it!
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

One section of the frozen food aisle at WFoods, but especially anything called a veggie burger. Mind you, I have nothing against veggie patties, and I've tasted some home-made ones that were yummie. But just like not all drinks served in a martini glass should end in "ini," burgers have beef as their major component. Anything else is a patty.

Tofu "meats." Pepperoni (gag), tofurkey, tofu hot dogs. Definitely high on the barf-meter.

Lean Cuisine, WW Smart Ones, etc. Even before primal, I'd look at those and think I could make a meal with just as few calories and by skipping the pasta and rice invariably included, get a lot more protein for my caloric buck.

Fruit juices. The grocery store variety. Again, even before primal, I knew that the added sugar had taken a perfectly healthy snack, like an orange, and turned it into a sugary mess.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Grapples and apples that taste like bubble gum.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

How about Bac'n bits which contain:

TEXTURED SOY FLOUR, CANOLA OIL, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, LACTIC ACID, YEAST EXTRACT, DISODIUM INOSINATE AND DISODIUM GUANYLATE (FLAVOR ENHANCERS), AND FD&C RED 40

Bacn Pieces™ Bacon Flavored Bits

Bacon flavored soy????? Blasphemy!!!!
                Randal
                AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Don't worry, they never taste like bacon. They taste like oily salt.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I am adding various yogurts to the frankenfood category. Reading ingredients is scary.

Cheetos

Skim Plus milk. Gag.

Comment

I would like to add anything that one can make at home in just a few minutes, like boiled eggs, but isn't necessarily a frankenfood, just an unnecessarily processed food. Yes, they actually sell bags of peeled and boiled eggs.

Comment

Anything produced by Walden Farms.
                        Walden Farms | Calorie Free Specialties
                        My grocery store has an entire shelf of this crap, and it makes me cringe every time I walk by. Calorie free! Fat free! Gluten free! Carb free! Sugar free!
                        BECAUSE IT'S NOT FOOD!
                        Seriously. Makes me want to scream and punch things.

Comment

Hot Pockets as advertized "now made with real cheese". Um, okay. As opposed to previously made with what ?
                          Ugh, when I think about how that used to be my usual lunch staple for years.
                          That, along with the imitation shredded cheese gotta be some of the worst. And that cheese like stuff in a spray can.

Comment

My boyfriend likes Soy Jerky. I tried it once and it was creepily just like the real thing (how the hell did they match the texture so perfectly??) and I couldn't stop eating it because it tasted really good. That just HAS to be bad.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Pamme View Post
                              I would like to add anything that one can make at home in just a few minutes, like boiled eggs, but isn't necessarily a frankenfood, just an unnecessarily processed food. Yes, they actually sell bags of peeled and boiled eggs.
                              I've seen those. They cost WAY more than raw eggs do, and they contain preservatives too. Seriously, it's like people WANT to eat chemicals.

Comment

Working...
                              X