Frankenfoods Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
    Hot Pockets as advertized "now made with real cheese". Um, okay. As opposed to previously made with what ?
    Ugh, when I think about how that used to be my usual lunch staple for years.
    That, along with the imitation shredded cheese gotta be some of the worst. And that cheese like stuff in a spray can.
    I wonder what would happen to the sales of imitation products if they had to label them as imitation? It took me forever to realize that "coffee creamer!" was made of soy and had no actual cream anywhere near it. "Imitation coffee creamer" sounds much less appealing.

Comment

Microwave burritos
      Non-dairy creamer
      Anything you can buy at a gas station

Comment

Velveeta. That stuff makes me want to gag. Oh, and chicken nuggets made of mechanically separated pink chicken paste.

Comment

The health section of my local store has rice cheese, soy cheese, and an entire wall of "milk" that doesn't come from animals. What. The. Hell?
          “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

I once bought some vegan "cheese" that was supposed to be a replacement for parmesan. Fortunately, WFoods has a very mellow return policy. "It sucks," was reason enough for a refund.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Slim rice and slim pasta - made from some weird kind of vegetable fibre supposedly eaten in Asia for centuries. I lived in Asia and travelled round there a lot and never saw it. Asians ate REAL RICE, and they generally do not have an obesity problem.

Weight watchers/slimming world meals and slim fast shakes - anything that promotes crash dieting and replaces real food with additives really.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
                The health section of my local store has rice cheese, soy cheese, and an entire wall of "milk" that doesn't come from animals. What. The. Hell?
                Reminded me of this Lewis Black routine, he talked about the same thing.

Randal
                AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

My dad's whipping cream. There is no cream in there! Just crystallized cottonseed oil!
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                    My dad's whipping cream. There is no cream in there! Just crystallized cottonseed oil!
                    Yes. And what exactly is fat free half and half made of? Halves of what?

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                      I wonder what would happen to the sales of imitation products if they had to label them as imitation? It took me forever to realize that "coffee creamer!" was made of soy and had no actual cream anywhere near it. "Imitation coffee creamer" sounds much less appealing.

My dad calls powdered coffee creamer "heifer dust".

Comment

Working...
                      X