Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original barefoot shoe kind of

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Original barefoot shoe kind of

    Hey all, I saw where Mark suggest the Vibram Five Fingers. I will have to say that I like them. However, I love my original barefoot shoes. I have two pair of hand made, for my feet only, moccasins. They are like there is nothing there. They are to last upwards of 10-25 years with proper care. I love walking in them anywhere. They let you feel the Earth and all the differences in the ground. You can even wear these to work if you chose. I've worn my black ones with suits and just about everywhere a normal shoe will go and is accepted. The best thing is, they allow your foot to spread and breath. It is suggested not to wear socks with them. I've worn them in cold winters and hot summers,my feet are always comfortable and warm or cool. I'll post a pic later if you wish and let you know where to get them.
    Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

  • #2
    Originally posted by scottishscott View Post
    Hey all, I saw where Mark suggest the Vibram Five Fingers. I will have to say that I like them. However, I love my original barefoot shoes. I have two pair of hand made, for my feet only, moccasins. They are like there is nothing there. They are to last upwards of 10-25 years with proper care. I love walking in them anywhere. They let you feel the Earth and all the differences in the ground. You can even wear these to work if you chose. I've worn my black ones with suits and just about everywhere a normal shoe will go and is accepted. The best thing is, they allow your foot to spread and breath. It is suggested not to wear socks with them. I've worn them in cold winters and hot summers,my feet are always comfortable and warm or cool. I'll post a pic later if you wish and let you know where to get them.
    Sounds good. I'm interested, at least.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

      Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

      Comment


      • #4
        This lady makes amazing moccasins. She's in Australia so too far away for me to have some.
        Moccasins - First class maker of mocassins, ceramics, sculpture, art, raw food, baskets, books, woollies, other stuff... and round things
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

        Comment


        • #5
          sbhikes - the link is wonderful. Being in CA I understand, but it looks like she does some long distance orders too. Check the bottom of the link. I may have to give these a try!
          Height - 5'8"
          SW - 191
          CW - 162
          GW - 155

          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

          Comment


          • #6
            Minnetonka makes plain moosehide moccasins. The ones I have don't go over the ankle, they're more slipper-style, but they don't have a rubber sole, just a thin foam insert which you could probably take out. They were about $40, but that's probably less than you'd spend on custom made shoes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey all, I'm in class right now but as soon as I get home I will reply back and add pics
              Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

              Comment


              • #8
                softstar shoes makes some of theirs with a leather sole. I think you have to request it it may not be listed on the site.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
                  I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
                  You can buy a kit from Hobby Lobby or Michael's Silver Creek Leather Small Indian Scout Moccasin Kit | Shop Hobby Lobby or at any boy scout hut.
                  Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Crazy Crow sells a verity of moccasins and patterns if you want to make your own. They cater to Mountain Man and Pow Wow rendezvous Crazy Crow Trading Post

                    Rendezvous will also have someone selling them. You can search by state for dates near you Mountain Man Rendezvous Calendar
                    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      Oh man, these I've got are so much better. Check them out.
                      Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                        Sounds good. I'm interested, at least.
                        Terry check them out below.
                        Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
                          I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
                          Dee, Paul, who owns and makes these can definately fix you up.
                          Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                            You can buy a kit from Hobby Lobby or Michael's Silver Creek Leather Small Indian Scout Moccasin Kit | Shop Hobby Lobby or at any boy scout hut.
                            No, those kits don't last. Been there,done that. Now I have these that are custom made to my foot and will out last me.
                            Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                              Crazy Crow sells a verity of moccasins and patterns if you want to make your own. They cater to Mountain Man and Pow Wow rendezvous Crazy Crow Trading Post

                              Rendezvous will also have someone selling them. You can search by state for dates near you Mountain Man Rendezvous Calendar

                              I've evn done the Crazy Crow thing. These by far are more superior to anything I've ever owned.
                              Start date 1/28/13--Height 5'11" Weight 260 lbs. Goal weight 175 lbs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X