Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a perfect world, what would your "work" be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a perfect world, what would your "work" be?

This question has been on my mind. Assuming that the most important items/needs in your life are covered to your satisfaction, what would your occupation, job, work, livelihood be? At least, what would you do or try first?

For example, I have a disabled and special-needs child who will never be independent, so my given is that her therapies, equipment, supervision, and medical needs would magically be met. I only say "magically met" because when I daydream of possibilities, her care always stands in front of anything I might dream up, and if I assume I have all she needs, I can let my daydreams fly.

So - what would it be in a perfect situation? My guess is that many will answer in the direction of the arts...

I'll go first...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Travel, travel, travel and take foreign language classes everywhere I went. I would stay in one place just long enough to get the feeling that it is time to move on, and then go, however long or short that might be. Somewhere along the line, find some kind of translation work niche.

I would still have home base, though. I need some place to store my stuff, and I kinda like my stuff. And home would be here when I needed a break for a while from all the footloose-ness.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I'm torn between writing and working behind the scenes in awareness for multiple diseases. I do actually write, albeit I haven't finished my opus thanks to real life.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Personal trainer, wellness and nutrition consultant, international speaker and conference attendee on movement, exercise and evolutionary nutrition, community interaction, work life balance, etc etc.

I do the first one, am working more at the second more and more, just need to learn more and work on the rest

Comment

high queen of the world
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Artist

Comment

Stand-up comedian, writer for a comedy show, writer of silly pulp fantasy and D&D supplements.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                high queen of the world
                Now there's a woman who knows her worth!

Comment

Drummer in a rock band

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    high queen of the world
                    How high?
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

wake and bake high?
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

In a perfect world I'd see Blood Orchid and Grumpy Cakes writing a comedy sitcom together
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

and if people liked it, i'd get top credit
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

In this perfect world fantasy, Hubby would not have to work either, because I already am doing what I like (mostly) it helps that I don't have desires that are that far fetched. I make art, cook and clean the house (tbh I do that as little as possible). Would be nice to travel, and it would be nice if my friends and family had more free time and money so they could visit. I would cook for them and we could have long talks into the night about deep philosophical topics and of course walk in the woods during the day.

Crabbcakes with all your globe trotting I hope you will be able to make a stop in my neck of the woods. I will make you a feast!
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I would have been a well-paid companion in my youth, and I'd be the owner of such a service now.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X