Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a perfect world, what would your "work" be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of doing it. I am a nurse practitioner, and totally love it. If I could change anything, it would be the restrictive way of practicing that is dictated by medicare (yup, our evil government), insurance companies and relulatory agencies. The beurocracy has a component of improving care in some ways, but has put SO MANY BARRIERS to care in many ways. I want to do what I do with more freedom.
    Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
      you're a security risk!
      No worries - it was 4 hours taken to figure out who to use from the jury pool of like 100 people -.-

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
      I do math stuff like that to distract too -especially when trapped in emotionally charged situations and I can't easily leave ( like funeral services). It's a nice escape to the analytical side of the brain!
      Ouch, that is interesting. I never thought about using it that way. I just use it when I want to pass the time, rather than playing some random app on my phone. Like workplace bathrooms
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

For all you world travelers I would be the local guide at some point. Actually I've been doing that: meet you at point A and see you safely to point B, keeping you entertained with fairy stories and out of harms way (i.e. shoo away pickpockets who are after your bank card and passport). Now I took a translation job which has no season lows and highs. I like that too, no thoughts of changing.

Comment

Originally posted by meggan View Post
          My dream would be for my husband and I to work from home. We'd have a little homestead with a few farm animals, and I'd garden and can. We'd be able to raise our (future) children without needing daycare.
          We'd be financially independent enough for us to travel when we wanted. I want a sturdy house, babies, chickens, and deep freezer with grass fed meats.

I'd also like to be able to classes and maybe train to be an EMT/paramedic.
          When I was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and approaching the Klamath River, there was a really long road walk and I walked by this homestead. The wife was out tending the biggest garden I have ever seen. The husband looked like he was fixing something. Total off-the-grid homestead out in the State of Jefferson complete with the XX symbol on their mailbox.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'm sort of at the point where I am trying to figure out what my perfect job would be and...well...do it. I am currently a student and single, on the brink of graduation. I am interested in traveling and potentially teaching ESL, just as others on here have mentioned. I am currently in Spain, but have a giant list of place I want to go,and this feels like the right time to do it. Although I am quite a homebody, and struggle with not being settled anywhere. My dream job at the moment is to work in Ireland, but not much need for ESL there So my real dream job is sort of impossible, but I will figure something out I am sure. Maybe a company who needs help with US relations? Or at the US embassy? It sounds silly, but not knowing what your dream job is, is the hardest part of finding a job.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              When I was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and approaching the Klamath River, there was a really long road walk and I walked by this homestead. The wife was out tending the biggest garden I have ever seen. The husband looked like he was fixing something. Total off-the-grid homestead out in the State of Jefferson complete with the XX symbol on their mailbox.
              That was the future me

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                I would have been a well-paid companion in my youth, and I'd be the owner of such a service now.
                I would probably work for you. I would be your most sought-after companion.

Comment

If it paid enough I would totally be a full time fluffer.
                  Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
                  Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
                  Goal: 160

Comment

Originally posted by saturnfan View Post
                    If it paid enough I would totally be a full time fluffer.
                    Ahem... Had to look this one up. Guess I do live a sheltered life... Cannot imagine it at all, myself, but I did ask the question, didn't I?
                    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I am another homesteader wannabe. Hubby could write his books and speak at Primal, Psychological and Anarchist conventions and I would indulge my unending curiosity about how to create things and spend a lot of time playing my guitar.

Comment

Doing it! Primal Nutrition Coach/Pregnancy Coach/EFT Practitioner
                        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

While I LOVE my job as a children's librarian . . . if money were no object and I had a wonderful, amazing husband - then my dream would be to have a hobby farm and be a homesteading, homeschooling, stay at home mom.

But since I don't have the finances or a spouse to help support that dream right now - I'm really very happy to share my love of learning with the children in my community as a librarian. (Even if I had a spouse, kids and land, as in my dreams, I'd probably still want to stay in the library world in a part-time capacity as a sub librarian or consultant, etc.)

If I ever get bored of being a librarian though - I'll probably become a midwife - that's been another interest of mine since undergrad.
                          Healthy Bucket List:
                          • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                          • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                          • Do a real pull-up
                          • Run a 5k
                          • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Mine would be living in a forest, teaching civilians survival training at $400-$600 a pop for a weekend of training.

Love teaching and love survival, have been teaching survival off and on for the military for a few years now, im thinking when I get my career stable i just might start doing some survival training as a part time gig, teaching civillians and the like, might make into a full business if it is lucrative enough (mebey a few buisnesses might want to teach their employees survival), but right now it is just a pipe dream

Comment

Mine is archaeology, and I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I'd love to go to Europe's painted caves, Egypt, and Siberia. Everyone forgets about Siberia, but there's thousands of years of history buried on those steppes, and the conditions for preservation are just right.

Comment

Either jumping on our motorcycles or into mister's 4-seater Cessna to explore as far and wide as we can, while recording our adventures, would be amazing. Then when it's all said and done, we sell the footage to the highest-bidding network!

I'd really love to spend my time creating things...especially baking. I. Love. It. But being primal doesn't mesh all that well with baking epic cupcakes and cookies...and it's been a struggle for me to combine my primal lifestyle with making wonderful treats for friends and family - I end up feeling like a hypocrite a lot of the time. Yes, I get you can primalize a lot of desserts but, come on, there is no comparison to a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie made with flour and sugar and all that crap I don't want in my body anymore. *Sigh*.

Comment

Working...
                                X