Omg - i love meat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg - i love meat!

Today I went to a raw food cafe with a friend who's a raw food vegan. The last time I saw him I had left veganism but was still vegetarian.

He knew I had gone back to the dark side but he's open minded about it (like I was) and so we talked abut how everyone does what they can for the planet (he kept his mouth shut), how probably everyone's proteins requirements are different, and how he said he gets his protein from spinach (I kept my mouth shut). We got juices and raw chocolate. Yum.

Still though - I came home and destroyed 250gs minced lamb cooked in coconut oil, tomato and lemon juices, black pepper, topped with full fat natural yogurt, on top of a baked white potato. Oh for the love of god, why was I vegetarian for 8 years????!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Gotta admit..I totally thought of something else for a second when I saw the title of this thread. Haha
    I just couldn't imagine living without it. The meat in my diet, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      Gotta admit..I totally thought of something else for a second when I saw the title of this thread. Haha
      I just couldn't imagine living without it. The meat in my diet, that is.
      LOL. It occurred to me as I was writing the subject but I didn't think this was the place to mince (words)
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I was a vegetarian for a long time too- gotta admit, I love meat. The funny thing is watching my husband (another vegetarian) grow to love meat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

My sister is a vegetarian... I honestly don't know how she can stand it. And the faux meat made out of gluten and soy that she eats makes me cringe.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

When I was 6 or 7 I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian. I remember being disgusted when I realized that cows, dogs and humans are all living creatures and in my mind killing a cow was like killing a pet or a person.

That night we had carne asada and I never went back to my crazy vegetarian ways.

Comment

I am amazed that no one has jumped on this:

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              how he said he gets his protein from spinach (I kept my mouth shut).
              wtf?! ALthough when I was veggie I was sure that I was getting enough protein from lentils.

Ostrich.
              Roast Lamb.
              T-bone steak.
              Spaghetti bolongaise.

I <3 meat

Originally posted by meggan View Post
              That night we had carne asada and I never went back to my crazy vegetarian ways.
              Carne asada - a little taste of heaven!

- Ray Peat

Comment

I honestly don't know how she can stand it. And the faux meat made out of gluten and soy that she eats makes me cringe.
                "I miss veggie burgers, tofu, seitan and TVP" said no vegetarian that started eating meat again, ever.

God.... no. Never again. I will be honest- I crave bread, sweets, pizza, junk food, hell, even shit like Jolly Ranchers on occasion. But I have never since starting eating meat again over a year ever wanted another bite of fake meat. Or soy. The PB ban on soy actually makes me happy...like if they banned paying taxes. I will never have to pretend a chunk of tofu is a stand in for meat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Well, garden burgers were always quite tasty.

I love meat, too, but I also love those vegan desserts they come up with. I've had some damn good fake strawberry and raspberry cheesecake where the filling is largely made of coconut butter.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I was never vegetarian, but just CW mini portions of lean meat. DH thinks he has died and gone to heaven because meat is the centerpiece of every meal now. He doesn't even miss the grainy side dishes.
                    50yo, 5'3"
                    SW-195
                    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

When-ever anyone makes the environmental argument in the UK I just walk quietly away and bang my head against the wall.

Then I remember all the lentils that grow wild in the UK climate and float magiacally into vegan kitchens and the 40 kg of bananas I have to dig out of my garden every year to keep them from running wild and taking over, and the soy beans that just fall out of the clouds as gentle warming rain, and I remember everything in vegan world is fluffy and cute and nothing ever dies and it's all ok again.
                      You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

When you mentioned this, I immediately thought about the video Mark posted recently:

Portlandia - Portlandia – Fart Patio – IFC

Comment

I was an ovo-lacto whole foods veg for 8 years. I usually managed to eat real food, with only an occasional bender into soy burger land. I was there for ethical reasons - wanted no part of CAFO and anything factory-killing. The pastured, local meat thing just wasn't really on my radar, and if it did come up, I found it hypocritical of myself to eat meat when I was absolutely not willing to look a cow in the face and then set a bolt-gun to its noggin. My past exhibits zero hunting and only one measly fishing excursion, just so you know.

I also bought completely into the protein and saturated fat = early death thing. I have always loved veggies, really do love making homemade bread, find eating many various grains pleasurable, and adooooore beans, so Primal is quite an exercise for me sometimes.
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Yes, I like beans and lentils a lot, too. So you know what, I sometimes eat them anyway.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              I am amazed that no one has jumped on this:

wtf?! ALthough when I was veggie I was sure that I was getting enough protein from lentils.
                              HEY, don't diss Popeye
                              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                              X