Question for the women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the women

How much fluid do you seem to retain around that TOM?
    Curious really, I know we are all different. Seems to be around 1-2 kg for me.

I think about 8lbs. My waist size also goes from slightly loose to tight as heck.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

About 3lbs, generally, but less since primal. I am pretty irregular now though.
      Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
      Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
      Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

I'm usually 58 kilos, and when menstruating i'm 60. I'm 26 inches at 58 kilos, and 27 inches at 60 kilos.

Comment

I should add that when I am strict about my diet for several months (ie, no grains/treats), then I have no bloating and therefore no gain. But around the holidays (last two cycles), i was back to the usual bloat-cycle.

So, looks like this cycle is shaping up to be easier . . . better.

Comment

None, TOM never seems to make a noticeable difference with me, never has, even before primal.
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I don't really.

Comment

started aiming for 100% since the 11th Jan and have been cramping and bloated for the past two weeks only to finally get the worst one ever 2 days ago ... maybe just another form of detox? I had loads of female issues (cervical cancer, fibroids, PCOS) over the past few years and being 80% was a huge help so i think aiming for 100% would have even better results.

I picked up 2kg (my cheesecake slipup could also be to blame) a few days ago which i lost again 2 days later.

Comment

Not much fluid retention but I bloat up around the middle. Generally my weight remains +/- 1 pound.
                  F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

i can gain up to 5 lbs....but i agree that months i stay on track and also stay lower carb i might only go up 2 lbs
                    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

I never weigh myself, so I don't know the number, but I can tell you that my pants fit tight in the waist, arse, and thighs for two days. And I absolutely swear that I feel like a hinking, waddling, lumbering, elephant seal stuck on dry land.
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I had a hysterectomy and now I'm in perimenopause (hot flashes every damn night) so I have no idea. Also, I quit weighing myself. I don't want to know anymore. I retain a lot more weight just drinking a single beer anyway so what difference does it make?
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

5lbs

Also during ovulation.

Lucky, LUCKY ME.

Julie

Comment

Anywhere from 2-5 pounds, depending on what I'm eating that week.
                            Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
                            Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.
                              I am glad I am not alone on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X