No announcement yet.

Very cold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn't get out of the single digits (F) for the first few days last week and today the forecast is 69deg F for Denver. Crazy Colorado weather!

Comment

Went for a run last night -- something around 10F. Had to cut it in half as I went to do the 2nd lap the dogs decided 1 lap was enough and pretty much refused to go any direction but home. I can 1 tug along -- resistance training! -- but 2 dogs is a bit tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
        We didn't get out of the single digits (F) for the first few days last week and today the forecast is 69deg F for Denver. Crazy Colorado weather!

True story. The front range is crazy!

I live in a mountain valley now, which, as you may have seen on the news, had been stuck in an inversion since before Christmas - every morning it was minus something and every day the high was still below freezing . . . we seem to be breaking out of it though, and the ice sheets are melting off the roads in town. Still need some snow though! Even though there's still crusty snow on the ground, we need more fresh snow. Between the really cold temps and maybe getting some snow, we could kill of some bark beetles - which would be nice.

In any case, it's warm enough in the morning I don't have to worry about my engine cracking, my snot doesn't freeze in my nose and I can maybe walk to work some again!
        Healthy Bucket List:
        • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
        • Hike the Appalachian Trail
        • Do a real pull-up
        • Run a 5k
        • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

I actually miss seasons. That first snow, February bleak, that day you walk outside and realize that spring is here and everything pops, summer days so hot that all you want to do is sit and read, and fall foliage. It's almost like living in four different worlds.

But too much of any one of them can be tough.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebear View Post
            I'm just happy that I get to go icefishing soon. Mmmmm, fresh Northern Pike.
            Ooh, Northerns sure are yummy right out of the lake. Walleye too.

Phoenix hit 80F yesterday. I did wear a light sweater to walk my dog around 8PM, though. 'Cause you know, it was a little chilly at 65ish.
            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
              Ooh, Northerns sure are yummy right out of the lake. Walleye too.

Phoenix hit 80F yesterday. I did wear a light sweater to walk my dog around 8PM, though. 'Cause you know, it was a little chilly at 65ish.
              I lived in AZ for a few years and the temp variation from day to night can be quite extreme. Much of the time I spent there I lived outside(literally). I've spent nights up in the mountains near Prescott where the temp dropped to nine below.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebear View Post
                I lived in AZ for a few years and the temp variation from day to night can be quite extreme. Much of the time I spent there I lived outside(literally). I've spent nights up in the mountains near Prescott where the temp dropped to nine below.
                Oh yeah, absolutely. The air is so dry here most of the time that the temp plunges as soon as the sun goes down. It can definitely get really cold. But Phoenix is nice and warm at the moment.
                Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                  I used to live for a time about an hour west of Winnipeg.
                  This is exactly where I live right now!! -40 today with wind chill!

I felt bad this morning for the post man.. he delivered a bunch of flyers who went directly to the recycling bin.
                  5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

It's a balmy -2 degrees outside right now. With the wind it felt like -25 most of the day! Even as bundled up as I was, walking around campus from class to class today was not fun!

Comment

Started the day at -22C/windchill -32C here, and got up to -11C, but with a moderate wind. We are usually a bit milder around here because of the close proximity of the Great Lakes (about 30 km/20 miles from Lake Huron and about 1 km/half mile from Georgian Bay). But the last 3 days have been frigid and at least 3 more to come. My poor little chickens are staying tucked up on their roosts in the coop, not even venturing out into the covered run. Poor things!

And I'm staying tucked up on my roost (aka sofa), in my nice warm house with a wicked head cold, first in years. Boo-Hiss!!

Comment

I was dealing with it OK until the wind started today. That wind is a beeyotch.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          Once upon a time in a very cold winter ("feels like" was ~20F below zero). Advisories were to not go out unless you had to.

Me (talking to a nearby drugstore that delivered): Hi, do you deliver cigarettes?
                          Her: Only if it's in addition to medicine.
                          Me: Does it have to be prescription?
                          Her: No.
                          Me: Cool. Could you deliver a bottle of Robitussen and a carton of Marlboros to....?

They did.
                          Now I don't feel so bad about ordering sashimi in the middle of Hurricane Sandy. :P

Comment

It's not that cold where I am. The last few winters have been unusually warm.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie79 View Post
                              This is exactly where I live right now!! -40 today with wind chill!

I felt bad this morning for the post man.. he delivered a bunch of flyers who went directly to the recycling bin.
                              My postal worker is wearing a ski mask today (-24 with wind chill).......rough time of year for the posties.
                              ----------------------------------------
                              F, 48, 5'10"
                              Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                              Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Oh, u guys, come on down to Fernandina Beach, 75 sunny degrees today, sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X