No announcement yet.

Want to take a stab at a sample menu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My belly measurement is 35 and my hips are 37. I'm 52 and have had one child. At the moment I'm trying the eat moar fat approach. With the menu I posted I finally dialed in the macros where I want them, so I'll eat this way for a while (varying the protein and veg) and see if anything changes. I've been eating primally for just about 3 yrs, in the first 6 months I lost 22 lbs and since that time my weight has been stuck at 120. During that time I never counted calories, ate when I when I was hungry and had primal treats, my weight never varied.

Last year I started focusing on doing the 4 primal moves. I'm now able to do 10 push-ups in a set (I started the year doing wall push-ups) and I do 3-5 sets a day, along with chin-ups (first time in my life), squats and planks. I think if I were to do sprints it would make a difference in my metabolism.

I have no idea why I have this belly fat, could be menopause. But way back when I was younger and slim I didn't have much of a waist. Now at least I have a waist.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

As you can see from the menu I am posting below, I don't ever really consume fruit, potatoes, starchy veg or dairy. I like my menu, but the problem is that I lack energy to work out, which I really need to keep up with to burn belly fat.
      For my body, fruit and starches are critical for workout energy. I eat at least two servings of fruit a day, and on work out days an extra fruit or starch. I've gotten to the point where I don't really look forward to the starches, but they help me stay energized. The times I have gone VLC leaves me lacking energy.

For my best energy, Whole 30 eating makes it. I have energy to burn by eating:
      Breakfast- 3 eggs, fruit, veggies
      Lunch- Protein, bit of fat, optional fruit
      Dinner- protein, veg, fat, fruit

It's off the charts- last Sunday I woke up, cleaned a closet, did crossfit, came home, rode my horse, cleaned another closet, did laundry, and made a fancy dinner. Energizer bunny level of energy. It's just that little boost from cutting a bit of fat, but then adding some fruit and starch carbs. The extra carbs don't stop weight loss, and it falls off my tummy.

I'm going to stay Whole 30 for the most part.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        For my body, fruit and starches are critical for workout energy. I eat at least two servings of fruit a day, and on work out days an extra fruit or starch. I've gotten to the point where I don't really look forward to the starches, but they help me stay energized. The times I have gone VLC leaves me lacking energy.

For my best energy, Whole 30 eating makes it. I have energy to burn by eating:
        Breakfast- 3 eggs, fruit, veggies
        Lunch- Protein, bit of fat, optional fruit
        Dinner- protein, veg, fat, fruit

It's off the charts- last Sunday I woke up, cleaned a closet, did crossfit, came home, rode my horse, cleaned another closet, did laundry, and made a fancy dinner. Energizer bunny level of energy. It's just that little boost from cutting a bit of fat, but then adding some fruit and starch carbs. The extra carbs don't stop weight loss, and it falls off my tummy.

I'm going to stay Whole 30 for the most part.
        I haven't had Energizer Bunny levels of energy since I started paleo in 2010, and even then I was drinking copious amounts of beer. Maybe it was the beer that was fueling me This time I'll start with an apple and a potato. I would love to start lifting again!

Comment

Thanks for your menu samples! As you can see from the menu I am posting below, I don't ever really consume fruit, potatoes, starchy veg or dairy. I like my menu, but the problem is that I lack energy to work out, which I really need to keep up with to burn belly fat. Now, my belly fat is due mainly, I think to years of abusing my system with insane amounts of beer. I have that under control. Now I want to shed the fat. I'm thinking of adding a piece of fruit and a plain potato to my day. What do you think?
          If I may suggest for you try a few days when you put your diet upside down. Start a day with a grapefruit and hot chocolate instead of eggs. Ban eggs for a week, in fact. Have salmon and sweet potato souffle for supper and a soup for lunch. Drink hot lemon water with salt and chili instead of coffee.... in other words, shake it up.
          2 cents!
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I just remembered another potential cause of my bell fat, I may be hypo thyroid. I had my blood checked a few months ago and TSH was a little high, I also have a low body temp.

I tried adding a few more starches and it really increased my appetite that's why I'm trying the eat moar fat approach. I'll let you know if I see any changes.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
              I just remembered another potential cause of my bell fat, I may be hypo thyroid. I had my blood checked a few months ago and TSH was a little high, I also have a low body temp.

I tried adding a few more starches and it really increased my appetite that's why I'm trying the eat moar fat approach. I'll let you know if I see any changes.
              Yes, please keep me updated, I will follow your progress!

Comment

Working...
              X