Fed up with tight thighs on jeans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up with tight thighs on jeans

I am not shaped like jeans. I don't have stick legs and a huge belly. I have generous thighs, only getting more so with every squat I do. I got this idea from some lady's blog. I'm a terrible seamstress but it actually worked for me. I'm going to bring back bellbottoms.

I slit the outer seams, sewed three men's ties together per side, sewed the ties into the slit seams. Hemmed them (because they were too long) and then I was done. Took the whole afternoon but now these jeans that hurt to sit in are super comfy and even the gaposis in the waist isn't so bad anymore.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Ha! That's a great retro look!

I don't understand jeans. I do not have a small waist. My hips are 38" and my waist 33" at the moment. And yet when I try on anything other than old lady jeans, if they fit in the hip they are huge in the waist. What are these girls shaped like?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

cute! They look great on you!

Also... try western wear for clothes. I went to a western wear store and Wrangler Jeans worked great on my huge thighs. Also, they had a few shirt brands that had generous arms, with slim torsos. Of course they are all sparkley, but putting on a shirt that was kind of loose on my arms and fitted through my torso was amazing!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I've worn only men's jeans for YEARS. I have a 14 year old boy's shape...despite being 58!

Comment

Looks great! I'm all for 70's. And I second the Wrangler jeans. I used to get hand-me-downs from a friend and she bought hers at a place called Bi-Mart which I think might be an Oregon thing. Just simple, inexpensive ladies' Wranglers.

Comment

I don't understand jeans. I do not have a small waist.

Comment

I love the jeans and you have a great figure!
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

I love this!! Super cute!!

Comment

Very cute! It will be fun to see how many people copy you. The day will come that you'll be walking down the street and you'll see your jeans in a boutique or on somebody - just wait and see!

Comment

I think it looks very original. I also think sbhikes looks good.

Comment

they look awesome!

Comment

Those are wonderful, sb! Voting Yay! on the bellbottoms.

Also, maybe check out thrift stores. The older the jean (especially even sizes), the more they were cut for a womanly body (hourglass). Traditionally, odd sizes (Juniors) were cut with less of a difference between the waist and hip measurements, and even sizes (Misses) were cut for a narrower waist in comparison to hips. I also agree with Wranglers for added leg room.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I'm glad you like my jeans. I'm sure I'll look like an idiot walking around like this, being almost 48 years old and all. But I don't care. I do shit like this sometimes. My boyfriend says "Groovy".

If they come soon, I will model the jeans I've ordered from Make Your Own Jeans. You send in your measurements and they make the jeans to fit. I'm looking forward to this. I have no idea if I did it right, so we'll see.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

LOL i dont think you will look like an idiot! let us know how you get on with the make you own jeans. this Clone A Jeans : Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans could be a go as i have a pair of old old true religions which are rigid. fit perfectly and are on their last legs. i have never been able to get a pair the same. just not so sure i could let them out of my hands, let alone send them overseas *gasp*

Comment

Working...
                              X