Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Combat pants and a belt - there solved it for you
    I wear them daily right now*, but not because I like them, and definitely not because I think they look good.

*Active-duty military at the moment.

Comment

Get Levi's 501 Jeans. They will fit.
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
        No, they didn't. Mostly because they don't come in my size, also because the waist gapped.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Hey sb!

Smells like an unmet need here... Know any starving seamstresses willing to start a small business?? Limit the plan to serve only the frog-legged (love that, Knifegill, I do), you being the first customer.

I recently bought a small stack of brand-new men's corduroy pants because the girlie corduroy pants were made for those with twigs for legs. (Denim makes my legs hurt with the cold in the wintertime.) Bejeeeeeesus, who has legs that thin?! I don't lift, but I have always had stockier leg musculature, thigh and calf, even before I added baby- and antidepressant weight, so I get it.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

My problem isn't the waist or hips; it's the pooch belly. Even stretch jeans always bound my waist (ouch) when I sat down. They made the pooch belly pooch out. Jean makers tried to solve the problem by lowering the waist. Those horrible things bound my crotch and gave me muffin top and my shirts came untucked and exposed my skin to the cold. Women's office-type dress pants aren't much better.

I threw in the towel. If I can't fit into pants at 103 pounds, <i>the problem isn't me.</i> So now, I only wear leggings with a skirt, and sweatpants or hiker pants on weekends and casual days. (Royal Robbins zip off hiker pants, Amazon has them). All of my office wear is skirts, skirted suits, and dresses.
            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I find dress pants a lot harder to find than jeans! Jeans look OK with a little snugness in the thighs. Dress pants or khakis look AWFUL on me. If they are just fitted to my thigh, they are HUGE over my butt. Think diaper ass. All of my good work clothes are dresses or skirts.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                They have never fit and I'm old enough to have purchased them before they made other styles.

And Oxide, you are correct. The problem is not me. If there is no size you can be and have jeans that fit, then it's not your body, it's the damn jeans.

Seamstresses can only make money in the US anymore by making wedding gowns and costumes. And maybe backpacking tents.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I wear skinny jeans and boots, with a belt to solve the waist problem, if I'm dressy. If I'm at work, I wear scrubs, which are essentially pjs, with a tank top under and boyshorts for when they fall down---it's inevitable, usually in the midst of a code or procedure.

I own a skirt. One. My daughter and I share dress pants----I'n 51, she's 23. We both wear a 4.

Comment

I find the whole skinny jeans craze quite horrible really. It's really hard to find jeans that aren't skinny, even second-hand. I also find skinny jeans tight around the legs and too low-waisted. It's not just women that are conditioned to have those skinny, under-muscled legs - guys' jeans are often skinny these days too, and they don't look hot to me, more like unhealthy.
                    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X