Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused... low carb isn't primal, correct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Except when it's funny. Or I'm not as sensible as I think. Or both.
    *cough* yeah this
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
      This.

And, the best advice I can give you if you are new to this; stay off the forums. Just read the book, daily posts and search through them. This forum has become overcome by diet hacks that either want to lose a ton of weight by any means necessary or justify their chubby self-desire for potatoes, or are just trolls that want to start fights. I like it because it makes me giggle, but it isn't a great place to learn anymore. If you are checking into things, take advice from those with a join date earlier than 2011. These kids...so much to learn.
      love it!
      ad astra per aspera

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
        Primal is indeed not low carb ... however cream has negligible carbs hence you are clearly very confused indeed.
        yup

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
          This.

And, the best advice I can give you if you are new to this; stay off the forums. Just read the book, daily posts and search through them. This forum has become overcome by diet hacks that either want to lose a ton of weight by any means necessary or justify their chubby self-desire for potatoes, or are just trolls that want to start fights. I like it because it makes me giggle, but it isn't a great place to learn anymore. If you are checking into things, take advice from those with a join date earlier than 2011. These kids...so much to learn.
          Yep. I did great. Then got on the forums and started messing around with ice cream, primal pizza, sugar, potatoes, etc...and plateaued out and even lost much of the progress I had made. I just ventured back on here today for the first time in months.

~rc

Comment

Thanks all. This is very helpful. I will read the book over the weekend and be choosy about where I get my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
              Low carb is primal. Primal isn't low carb.
              Low carb is NOT automatically primal. There are a ton of "low carb" recipes and processed foods full of soy protein, artificial sweeteners and other garbage. Once a low-carber on a facebook group mentioned that she cuts a processed cheese slice (American cheese.) into quarters and microwaves the crap out of them to make low carb "cheeze its" snacks.

found the recipe. barf.

Primal/paleo both include carbohydrates. How many carbs you eat is up to you. What sets them apart is the SOURCES. Like veggies and fruit and high quality, full fat dairy. Eat real food.
              Sandra
              *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I've read the book and done some more research and I think I'm going to have to be pretty strict before I start adding in the more questionable things. Thanks again for the advice. I'm starting to get it now.

Comment

The strictness required depends on your current health status and your goals ... e.g. how much excess fat and inflammation you wish to eliminate, and how much muscle you hope to gain. These are common goals here but there are many others.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

low carb can be primal. say, meat and veggies for dinner= primal. but low carb noodles with 800 ingredients with 3 or more syllables, with splenda sweetened sauce and a dish of breyers low carb ice cream is not primal.

a meal of sweet potatoes, chicken, and a banana is not low carb, but primal.

To me, it is about eating whole foods and avoiding toxic ones.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                    X