Things that happen as you're losing weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that happen as you're losing weight

Has anyone noticed a trend in random things that happen to them physically as they're dropping weight?

For example, I've noticed that I'll experience an increase in appetite, pee a lot more frequently, my stomach will bloat (and then whoosh down), and my sleep will get worse.

Anyone else?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Best thing ever. Got into the car and the steering wheel felt far away. I thought someone had moved the seat, but the pedals weren't far away. It was just me shrinking and so not as close to the steering wheel.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      Has anyone noticed a trend in random things that happen to them physically as they're dropping weight?

For example, I've noticed that I'll experience an increase in appetite, pee a lot more frequently, my stomach will bloat (and then whoosh down), and my sleep will get worse.

Anyone else?
      Have not noticed this as yet, but I have read others saying a similar thing. Trying hard to pay attention for if something like this is noticeable.

Comment

my clothes just get bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          Best thing ever. Got into the car and the steering wheel felt far away. I thought someone had moved the seat, but the pedals weren't far away. It was just me shrinking and so not as close to the steering wheel.
          Originally posted by zoebird View Post
          my clothes just get bigger.
          Lol. okay smart alecs But I'm talking about the period of time just before you've lost some weight. The weight loss always seems to happen overnight, but over my frequent fluctuations I've noticed that there are little things my body seems to do to prepare to lose weight.

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
          Have not noticed this as yet, but I have read others saying a similar thing. Trying hard to pay attention for if something like this is noticeable.
          That's interesting - I never heard anyone mentioning these things before! Apart from a friend who I was travelling with who went on Primal for two weeks and noticed he was peeing a lot more than normal. You mentioned that you're dropping weight though Ayla?
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I have, first week 1.4 kg, second week 700g (since going HFLC), not huge numbers, but its a downward trend.
            I have actually felt my belly going all soft though, its huge (just over 1 m around 40 inches approx). It was kinda hard before.
            This is coming back to primal after 7 months of not at all, then 2 months of half assed attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
              I have, first week 1.4 kg, second week 700g (since going HFLC), not huge numbers, but its a downward trend.
              I have actually felt my belly going all soft though, its huge (just over 1 m around 40 inches approx). It was kinda hard before.
              This is coming back to primal after 7 months of not at all, then 2 months of half assed attempts.
              Now that you mention - I've noticed the tummy hard / tummy soft thing too. I think when it's hard it's fluid we're feeling? Then we lose that and we're left feeling the soft fat and skin?

Congrads on your weight loss btw! Even long journey begins with one step right?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Now that you mention - I've noticed the tummy hard / tummy soft thing too. I think when it's hard it's fluid we're feeling? Then we lose that and we're left feeling the soft fat and skin?

Congrads on your weight loss btw! Even long journey begins with one step right?
                Thanks
                I think you are right about the fluid.
                Yep one step, its just not exciting as ive lost this weight 3 other times before, but will be exciting more so when I get to a new low BUt I know this way its permanent so all good.

Comment

Now, that you have said it..... I have been experiencing these things...... now I am just hoping to have the whoosh also!
                  65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Stretchmarks. If I start losing weight due to stress (I either under or overeat when stressed), I'll find preexisting stretchmarks going BRIGHT pink or pale red. Then I know to eat more.
                    --
                    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

I think the hunger thing is hormonal, especially if you lose a large percentage of your bodyweight. I know I should bookmark when I read stuff like that, but dang, my bookmarks are already a tragic unwieldy mess.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

The primary thing I've noticed is where I'm losing fat from. Before I went primal, I tended to lose fat sort of all over, and it didn't really show up very quickly that I'd lost weight. Since going primal, I seem to be losing belly fat primarily. My belly be getting flat! I'm digging that.
                        High Weight: 225
                        Weight at start of Primal: 189
                        Current Weight: 174
                        Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Anyone else?
                          Yes - these symptoms can be caused by release of various toxins dumped in fat cells. Hence it's best to ditch the scales once you are down to the last 10-20 lbs fat left to lose as these toxins can cause rapid weight fluctuations and other symptoms (I additionally experience attacks of low blood pressure).
                          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Anyone else?
                            I started noticing all these things once my weight dropped from the overweight range to the top edge of the normal range. The hunger I got right away, the sleeping and peeing effects I didn't attribute to weight loss. Hmm...I should maybe pay closer attention to odd little things. I now can feel ovulation and my breasts are very tender between ovulation and menses. When overweight, I had a lot of symptoms of PCOS and difficulty conceiving my 2nd child, so it makes sense that my cycle is more physically clear to me now.

One thing I found very interesting as I got closer to a normal weight is that my weight loss and size loss were no longer well-synced. I weigh every day (it's comforting to me, I'm not gonna stop, don't bother lecturing me, lol) and I will go a week to a month with no drop on the scale, even though I swear my pants are getting looser. Then several days in a row I will lose a pound a day and feel like my new weight finally matches my body. When I was fatter, the weight came off much more steadily.
                            50yo, 5'3"
                            SW-195
                            CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                            GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Working...
                            X