Grok's life expectancy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopintos View Post
    I would like to know, what did Methuselah eat?
    I'm an athiest but I've heard stories he was a vegetarian.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better... OurResearch

It's not even about Grok. Hunter gatherers still exist today. Anyone could watch a documentary and find several members of a tribe well over middle age. Assuming they have enough resources in their environment, and even with extremely limited resources, HGs don't suffer any metabolic diseases you expect to see in agricultural society.

Comment

Average life expectancy is lowered by infant mortality. About half the population would have been dying of illness and injury before they were 13.

We see similar problems in modern hunter-gatherers, who have high infant mortality due to illness and injury. They all eat "primally" and have no modern medicine. As a modern hunter-gatherer, if you're alive at 21, you'll almost certainly live into your 70s and probably into your 80s. This is with no modern medicine and no "retirement".
        Or, to sum it up: there are octogenarian tribesmen out there, hunting and fighting, eating primally and managing WITHOUT medicine to "save" them.
        --
        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
        I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

send her the following

Life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

source for table: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-59Ktj5mGbw...ver%2Btime.Bmp
          Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Working...
          X