No announcement yet.

Hair Color Returning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats interesting. I'm 47, have quite many gray hair. Always coloured them, as my natural colour was silvery gray as colour, not as "become gray = loose colour". Had to give up the bright tones that I loved when I was younger, as the roots started to look too contrasting, like I was hiding a zebra under my ginger hair Turned to dark blonde instead. Recently I have noticed that the roots are less contrasting. Thought that its just the perception - the roots might be less visible next to almost the same colour. Will keep observing now.

Comment

Forgot to Mention Being Hypothyroid

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      "I think the chronic loss of copper accounts for the obvious features of aging, such as the loss of elasticity of the skin, hair, and (in Parkinson's disease) substantia nigra, and for the decrease in respiratory capacity."

Copper is poorly absorbed when there is excessive stress. Stress harms thyroid production, and thyroid hormone is crucial for copper absorption.
      Just after Thanksgiving, it was discovered that I was hypothyroid, however, my hair started turning blond again before i was being treated for my condition. My co-worker noticed it in early October. Last year was incredibly stressful for us with my husband having two cancer surgeries and family and work issues. It was one of the worst years we have had since we were married and I believe being Paleo helped us get through it. Hubby is incredibly healthy despite what he has been through and his Docs were impressed with how an "old timer" came through both ordeals better than men half his age.

Despite these two things, our hair color is returning. I looked closely at my hair again yesterday (I really don't pay that much attention to it) and it is now almost all blond. No dark hair anymore at all where before it was sprinkled with black hair amongst the grey.

Comment

Cool topic - but what about hair growth restoration? Any hints on a specific ointment or nutrition-fact about that?
        It's a major concern, worldwide for many men / women, sadly
        "...Primal or not primal - that is the question!"

------------------------------------
        Starting weight 85kg, 22% bodyfat (December 2012)
        Current weight 78kg, 15% bodyfat (March 2013)
        Desired weight 83-84kg , 7-8% bodyfat (May 2014 or sooner)

Comment

My hair is so much more brunette now than it was before I went Primal. Even my stylist wanted to know if I had used a rinse on it.
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by alexpanait View Post
            Cool topic - but what about hair growth restoration? Any hints on a specific ointment or nutrition-fact about that?
            Iodine for Hair Regrowth

While testing Lugols 5% Iodine mixed with 80% water for hair regrowth, I suddenly discovered quite by accident that my gray hair miraculously changed back to its original color fairly quickly, within 2 weeks. So now I've started applying the iodine mix to my temples & sideburns to see if that gray goes away, too.

There is some sketchy evidence that Lugols applied to the scalp will regrow thinning hair. See the links I have accumulated at "Hair Loss"
            http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

While it is too early to make any announcements on hair regrowth, I do notice new hairs growing along my front scalp hair line. My wife is watching the bald spot on top of my head for me, and told me to apply more of the mixture. So now I am applying the mix 2 or 3 times a day. I'll report back here in 6 months. For now, I am just thrilled to get rid of the gray!

Bottom line = Iodine is required by every cell in our body and there is a nationwide iodine deficiency crises. See the book, "Iodine Crises" by author Lynne Farrow.
            The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

As far as I know, I am the first to be testing Lugols 5% Iodine mixed with 80% water for the hair follicles. If this works, it will be a miracle for men.

I have already proven iodine cures Prostate Problems:
            http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Cures-Prostate

Iodine is a miracle product that cures a Pandoras Box of health problems:
            http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Iodine Books:
            http://tinyurl.com/iodine-books

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by alexpanait View Post
              i started taking the chinese herb dong quai for hormonal issues and an unexpected side effect was thicker hair with less grey. a quick google-fu showed that it's a common treatment for hairloss in the east.
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

My husband is on dong quai for that purpose, too. His naturopath made him take it. He hasn't lost much hair, but his father has the typical loss at the temples (think about how Sting's hair is). DH wears his hair long, you can't tell he's lost any, and at 41, his color (no grey) is gorgeous. But, he is fretting about it, so she put him on dong quai.

I don't know if it's working; DH probably does. LOL

Comment

The same thing happened to me! I stopped coloring my hair five years ago, went primal two years ago. My hair is a pretty mix of grey and light brown, and has definitely gotten more brown just in the last two years. I eat meat, veg and dairy.

Comment

I started getting plentiful grey hair while still in my twenties. I figured it was just a genetic thing, because my father also went grey early.

When I was totally into vitamin supplements, I tried a special concoction to address the grey hair issue. Lo and behold, it worked quite well. A couple months later, I could literally pluck a hair from my head and see where it transitioned from grey back to dark brown.

Nowadays, in my 60s, I don't give my grey hair a second thought. On the other hand, when people find out my age, I get a lot of "no way, you can't be that old" kinda comments.

Off topic, I sure wish that more women would quit using hair coloring to hide the grey. To my eye, it doesn't make people look younger, it just looks, well, artificial. Far better (and cooler, sexier) to age naturally with grace, dignity, and animal good spirits.
                    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it.
                    Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I don't want my natural color back. My natural color was blackish-brown, and now it's about 75% white at the temples and around the hairline, but less than 5% white on top. I have been coloring it auburn for a decade, which goes better with my natural skin tone (freckles) than my natural color did. If it turned white I would let it grow out, but that's not likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                        My hair is so much more brunette now than it was before I went Primal. Even my stylist wanted to know if I had used a rinse on it.
                        gonna have to agree with this. I'm 53, and have less grey now than when I was 40. Everyone asks me if I color my hair! Even strangers! NOPE! Since going primal my hair has become a beautiful caramel --- used to be a sickly yellowish blonde/greying awful mess. For the first time in my life - I LOVE the color of my hair! The color and texture are wonderful!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

I'm too young to worry bout frosty hair but this is good to know
                          My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Comment

Originally posted by Heyo Jay View Post
                            I'm too young to worry bout frosty hair but this is good to know
                            my paternal grandmother was snow-white at 30.
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Just to add some more anecdotal evidence, I went primal 6 weeks ago and when I stumbled across this thread I got curious. I'm only 27, but I do have a few white hairs on my right temple area (no one notices it except me unless they examine my hair closely).

I just pulled out one of my white hairs, and while the tip was white the base was dark brown. The point at which it changed from white to dark brown looks to be about when I started my diet. If this keeps up, I might not have to worry about prematurely graying.

Comment

I'm 49 and am lucky to have only a little gray hair around my sideburns. Hopefully as I keep up this diet it'll go away altogether!
                                I can't think of a catchy journal title but click here anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X