Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way to a man's heart.....

Hi there!

There's a new man in my life and I'm cooking for him this weekend. I'm hoping to seduce him with this meal, but want it to be primal as well

I'm thinking:

grilled ribeye steak
    roasted sweet potato with cranberries and toasted nuts
    green beans with toasted almonds and chimichurri sauce
    red wine
    dessert - dark chocolate shaved on berries with whipped cream.

Any suggestions or changes? What's the best meal to seduce your man?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

well i was gonna say 'is though his chest' but i'm feeling pretty seduced myself with that menu
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

That sounds amazing

Good luck with the dinner!
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

+1
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Lots of really good tequila and food that can be eaten with one's hands. (Although his heart may not be the body part that seduces.)
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Damn! I think you've come up with an excellent Seduction menu!

Comment

There will be lots of butter, correct?

Comment

Sounds like an excellent menu to me, good luck!

Comment

Sounds fabbo. I would be tempted to add a third vegetable. Sauteed mushrooms (with garlic if that doesn't put you off seduction)? I'd also go a starter - blini, sour cream with horseradish and dill and smoked salmon? A Blini Recipe — A Gluten-Free Day have used this recipe many times with great success.

GOOD LUCK!
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

You had me at "grilled ribeye".........
                    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Grilled ribeye? Throw in melted butter and I'd whore myself out to almost anybody for that.

Comment

I would eat it all UP, but my guy would not enjoy the sweet potato just because he simply does not like sweet potato in any guise - but that is him.

Sticking to your Primalness is awesome - very honest, and I really like that. Hopefully he will, too.

My guy, other than sweet potatoes that is, really just likes well-prepared food of any kind, in amounts that get him full, put on the table in a spirit of welcoming hospitality. And knowing that there will be a ahem... "dessert"... beyond the dessert, if you know what I mean. But we are an old married couple, not new to each other, so you can obviously save that for later.

Have a grand evening!
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Holy crap, that sounds awesome. If he doesn't go for it, ditch him and call me!

Comment

One recommendation would be to fry up some bacon, and dice it, put that on the sweet potato, or on the steak. Home made bacon bits are awesome!!! Even without bacon that sounds awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGrok View Post
                              One recommendation would be to fry up some bacon, and dice it, put that on the sweet potato, or on the steak. Home made bacon bits are awesome!!! Even without bacon that sounds awesome!!!
                              Bacon on the green beans would be perfect! I steam green beans, add almond slices sauted in Olive oil with a bit of garlic (so the almond is just barely golden, and the garlic is added haflway through so it doesn't burn), and bacon bits. The olive oil you sauted the almonds/garlic in should be drizzled over the top with a bit of salt. Server room temperature or refrigerated (ie should be made in advance, which also eases up scheduling while cooking)

--Me

Edit: Add some of the bacon fat into the olive oil prior to sauteeing the almonds/garlic. Not too much (for flavour reasons), but just enough

Comment

Working...
                              X