• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
    You had me at "grilled ribeye".........
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Comment

If he isn't seduced by this meal then...... well let's hope you 2 have a lot of other things in common because food won't be one of them!
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Good enough for seducing me as well, maybe some onion added to the grilled ribeye though...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Oysters really put the lead in the pencil.

Comment

Then there is the old saying that, "The woman who thinks that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is setting her sights too high."

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Then there is the old saying that, "The woman who thinks that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is setting her sights too high."
              +1

Also bumping this up because I'm interested how it went.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Also bumping this up because I'm interested how it went.
                as we all are - go get him girl !!!!
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Your meal sounds great; it would certainly get my attention.

btw, food can also be useful in seducing a woman. After I started making dinners for my now fiancee (getting married two months from today...yea!), she fell in love pretty quickly. The first meal was a BAS with tuna and lots of other goodies in it, and all meals I've made since then have been primal. She isn't totally sold on living the primal lifestyle, but she's getting there. She always marvels at how great the meals are...and yeah, the recipes are almost all from this site. ;-)
                  Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

If it doesn't work then he isn't worth the effort . Good luck!
                    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Oh my gosh - laughing so hard I am crying! There are too many great comments to reply to them all

Love the suggestions and will incorporate most of them.... including setting my "sites" a bit lower

I'll be sure to update after the big night and if it doesn't work out I'll be collecting numbers from the kind gentlemen who offered to step in
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Jammies - HOW DID IT GO?!
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                          Jammies - HOW DID IT GO?!
                          Well, I overcooked the dang steak!! I put it over the perfect hot coals with hickory wood in and then after flipping once, got distracted by wine and conversation and then it was too late. They were just medium, so nothing too tragic, but it's annoying to not have them perfect. The other dishes were really yummy!

He didn't seem to mind though. I'd call the evening a success since he just left about an hour ago Now I just cross my fingers and hope he comes back for seconds
                          Last edited by jammies; 01-19-2013, 12:48 PM.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Comment

Woohoo! Glad to hear

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                            Well, I overcooked the dang steak!! I put it over the perfect hot coals with hickory wood in and then after flipping once, got distracted by wine and conversation and then it was too late. They were just medium, so nothing to tragic, but it's annoying to not have them perfect. The other dishes were really yummy!

He didn't seem to mind though. I'd call the evening a success since he just left about an hour ago Now I just cross my fingers and hope he comes back for seconds
                            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Yay Jammies - I would call that a huge success....
                              let the games begin................
                              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

On a slightly more serious note, I just want to point out that 2.5 years ago when I started eating primal, there was no hope in my life at all for romance. I was sick every day, my joints were swollen to the point where I could barely walk, and my body just felt ugly and like it had betrayed me. Being able to really enjoy physical closeness with another person is a pretty amazing gift the primal eating has given me.

Comment

Working...
                                X