No announcement yet.

seeking advice from anyone who has had surgery to remove skin after weight loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Trekfan, good to see you are sticking with it and maintaining your impressive loss. Kestrel doesn't post that often anymore but you might try shooting him a PM and see if that hits his email box. He's a really good guy and I'm sure he would be happy to help you out by sharing his experiences.

Comment

Thanks PaleoBird, how sweet!

I do still lurk here but not sure that I have much left to say or argue about, just trying to maintain and work on building muscle at the local CrossFit gym.

I sent trekfan some before / just after / now pics so he can see how it turned out. I put some recent belly pics in here but will take the usual amount of time to be moderated. I think I'll spare everyone the gory just after surgery pics but figured TrekFan would want to know what he'd be in for if he got the surgery. I won't lie, it hurt quite a bit after and the recovery was longer than I'd expected. I thought I'd be able to go to work the week after and ended up having to take another week off. So yeah plan on some down time.

Here's a side view, you can see the scar running up. As well as the "love handle" I still have left in back.

And the front view. No abs (yet!)
      Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

I need to have this done too, but I haven't lost enough weight yet! I read somewhere that if your body fat % gets low enough that the skin will eventually tighten up... looks like that doesn't always happen though. Mine was mostly from pregnancy rather than weight loss (yes, I've lost weight, but it wasn't the weight that did the belly... if you know what I mean) and it's been this way for almost 15 years (since I was 25). I find that it majorly affects my self esteem and my ability to enjoy any physical intimacy, unfortunately...

However, as I've said I still need to lose weight... ho hum... then I need to get enough money to afford it!

Comment

Don't be afraid to shop around, but pay for quality.

Comment

Working...
          X