Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    there's at least one member they made into a mod

sure it's annoying, but i guess i don't see short blasts of spamming as a reason to quit the internet
    It is relieving to see that at least one person feels this way! I don't feel like it's a huge deal to just ignore it and wait overnight/a few hours for it to get cleaned up, depending on when it's posted and if people report it.

I don't know how many worker bees there are, but there are only maybe 3 volunteer mods that help clean up spam. They don't have any say in spam prevention. And yes, the worker bees/formal mods do not work on weekends.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
      You see the little triangle with the exclamation point at the bottom left of every post? That's how you report it.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        It is relieving to see that at least one person feels this way! I don't feel like it's a huge deal to just ignore it and wait overnight/a few hours for it to get cleaned up, depending on when it's posted and if people report it.

I don't know how many worker bees there are, but there are only maybe 3 volunteer mods that help clean up spam. They don't have any say in spam prevention. And yes, the worker bees/formal mods do not work on weekends.
        high five? hmm? i think you want to
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Complaining about something that is free is funny. (Though I'm sure I've been guilty of it.)

Also, the mods have been doing a really good job at getting rid of spam lately, so I see this truck guy as a blip.

Solution: gather up 500 of your closest internet friends. Pitch/chip in for the software. Create a private board where no one new can post until approved by a mod. Voila! No ads; no spam. And for a few bucks every six months, there is peace and quiet.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

joanie, when you say things like that in that tone i start getting a girlcrush

also, the spammers are real people. they aren't bots, they can and have jumped through the hoops mark put out to catch them and all he got for the trouble was more complaining

the problem could be much worse than it is
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

For you, bloodorchid:
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

*bats lashes most fetchingly* why thank you, new girlcrush
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  high five? hmm? i think you want to
                  *the highest of fives*
                  SMACK
                  dduuudddeee
                  Depression Lies

Comment

dude!

beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Complaining about something that is free is funny.
                      I don't have a big problem with the spam, but this comment is funny to me. This might be free, but I imagine this forum ends up generating some pretty huge piles of cash in the primal blueprint headquarters. I think throwing a few bucks at keeping these spamming ass munchers in line shouldn't be too much to ask.

Comment

the forum generates cash, sure, but i imagine that he's paying for the net space to host it

coming here IS free for us, he's running his business, he has mods now

and i got distracted and forgot what my point was, but you see where i'm going with this
                        Last edited by bloodorchid; 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM.
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

I just don't get the why??? why the hell would someone spam this forum in this way ???? No-one is gonna buy the products anyway, so what is the whole point ???????
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

they keep hope alive that one day... ONE DAY, after all their years of hard work, someone will click on their link
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

I once witnessed an author plug her own book during her eulogy of a friend at a memorial. She even quoted a sage passage for us (which had nothing to do with the deceased). To some people, the place to market is everywhere.

And no, I don't believe she made any sales, Valhalla bless her.
                              JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

and you'll give me a happy ending by saying that after the service someone went up to her and backhanded her and yelled DON'T BE DUMB

right..?
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X