Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. News Diet Rankings '13 (Take a guess)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Edited because I saw OP's comments in another thread and realized he's a nutjob I do not want to engage or in any way communicate with.
    Last edited by Violette_R; 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      The article takes a stab at all the diets

      Comment


      • #18
        I do read Jezebel and I have children and I am menstruating right this minute.
        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

        Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

        Comment


        • #19
          Putting you on my ignore list, jerk.
          Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

          My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by katemary View Post
            Tool.
            Your commentary introducing it just makes you look foolish.
            Yep.
            Again...
            There's a pattern here I think.

            Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
            I do read Jezebel and I have children and I am menstruating right this minute.
            How about that...
            I'm also a woman with a child who reads Jezebel, though my menses were two weeks ago.
            Still, I'm most certainly not barren!
            That's a fully functional uterus you are disparaging there buddy.


            Also.
            It's not the "Christian World", that's just your very narrow and skewed view of it.
            Its just the world... a very diverse world.
            If uptight pricks like you (of all religions) would get past that and let everyone do their own thing, this world would be a better fucking place.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              Yep.
              Again...
              There's a pattern here I think.



              How about that...
              I'm also a woman with a child who reads Jezebel, though my menses were two weeks ago.
              Still, I'm most certainly not barren!
              That's a fully functional uterus you are disparaging there buddy.


              Also.
              It's not the "Christian World", that's just your very narrow and skewed view of it.
              Its just the world... a very diverse world.
              If uptight pricks like you (of all religions) would get past that and let everyone do their own thing, this world would be a better fucking place.
              LOL. You are awesome Cori, I love your way with words... you make me laugh...

              I have to say looking back at his posts in other thread, this guy has serious problems if he is for real, but a bit too try hard so I suspect he is deliberately inflammatory.

              Comment


              • #22
                The correct term is 'child-free', you silly.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DavidBrennan View Post
                  Our good friends in the mainstream media - those loving folks who tell us that porn is natural and healthy, defending yourself with guns in their urban hellholes is terrible, and that Arabs are conspiring to nuke the world with non-existent bombs - are continuing their ways. Ya know, the media wants what's best for the Christian world. Really, they do!

                  Two people shared links to the 2013 U.S. News & World Report diet rankings. As before, they put the paleo diet dead last (now 29th out of 29). As a surprise to nobody, they put a government-approved diet at number one.

                  Predictably, the toadies at the powerful Gawker Media site Jezebel echoed the U.S. News Rankings, to the giddy delight of their barren and childless women and gay male readers..

                  The media is obviously doing this intentionally. Anybody who says that the media's motive for advocating the S.A.D. and for belittling paleo/ancestral health/low carb diets is merely because they're ignorant or because they're placating sponsors is lying to themselves.
                  SIGH. I'm a 67 y.o. woman, mother of two, certainly old enough to be your Mom or even your Grandma. I have advice: get rid of your ugly prejudices. Grow up. And stop posting ugly crap we don't want to read.
                  Starting Weight: 197.5
                  Current Weight: 123
                  Far healthier!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wait, what's wrong with porn?

                    I've been child-free since 1985 and loving every minute of it!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      aah, I now see why exactly the phrase nut job was coined.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
                        Wait, what's wrong with porn?

                        I've been child-free since 1985 and loving every minute of it!
                        He had an entire thread a while back about how Grok would never have had access to anything like porn and therefore, it's not primal. In fact, I believe he said something along the lines of it being so far from primal that it was far worse and more damaging than consuming ANY sort of non-primal food product or chemical substance or something to that effect.

                        Theory was that we damage how our brain perceives sex and sexual relations. I think most people agreed that it was a dose-dependent effect and most people would never notice the difference one way or the other, and only porn addicts had anything to be worried about.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Nuts. The hysterical PC bullies have hijacked another thread.

                          Enjoy yourselves, ladies. It's all yours.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            What's suspicious about these liberal PC bullies dominating the MDA forums is that they're the precise opposite sort of people in the paleo movement, elsewhere. At CrossFits, MMA gyms, etc., a pronounced libertarian mindset and distrust of the media runs through the paleo community. Mark Sisson explicitly observed the same thing.

                            ....And yet, here at these forums, there is a small gang of bullies who swarm on anybody who isn't subservient to mainstream media dogma. A link to a TED Talk saying that porn isn't healthy caused them to besiege a thread with dozens and dozens of hateful comments, calling strangers terrible names, and doing everything to stifle curiosity. Men were not allowed to talk about the subject - these ugly women just swarmed.

                            I've been contacted by several people tacitly thanking me for some of my posts, but saying they were too frightened to make comments in the forums because they were afraid that these creepy ladies would turn their bullying onto them. I can understand their fear, but they're still wrong to allow themselves to be intimidated.

                            So for those reading this who observe this same troupe of politically correct shrills calling people names: stand up for what's right. The worst that can happen is that these catty nothings will call you names. It doesn't feel good, no, but they can't actually hurt you. Stand up for people when they're being bullied.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by DavidBrennan View Post
                              What's suspicious about these liberal PC bullies dominating the MDA forums is that they're the precise opposite sort of people in the paleo movement, elsewhere. At CrossFits, MMA gyms, etc., a pronounced libertarian mindset and distrust of the media runs through the paleo community. Mark Sisson explicitly observed the same thing.

                              ....And yet, here at these forums, there is a small gang of bullies who swarm on anybody who isn't subservient to mainstream media dogma. A link to a TED Talk saying that porn isn't healthy caused them to besiege a thread with dozens and dozens of hateful comments, calling strangers terrible names, and doing everything to stifle curiosity. Men were not allowed to talk about the subject - these ugly women just swarmed.

                              I've been contacted by several people tacitly thanking me for some of my posts, but saying they were too frightened to make comments in the forums because they were afraid that these creepy ladies would turn their bullying onto them. I can understand their fear, but they're still wrong to allow themselves to be intimidated.

                              So for those reading this who observe this same troupe of politically correct shrills calling people names: stand up for what's right. The worst that can happen is that these catty nothings will call you names. It doesn't feel good, no, but they can't actually hurt you. Stand up for people when they're being bullied.
                              I don't trust the media, this has nothing to do with the media, nor what is PC because I don't give a flying fuck about that either... I just think you're a ridiculous bigoted little worm.

                              The words that YOU use bully people and you coat it and the so called "Christian" right.
                              If you can't take them, don't dish them out.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DavidBrennan View Post
                                What's suspicious about these liberal PC bullies dominating the MDA forums is that they're the precise opposite sort of people in the paleo movement, elsewhere. At CrossFits, MMA gyms, etc., a pronounced libertarian mindset and distrust of the media runs through the paleo community.
                                Libertarians tend to be socially liberal, so this response you're getting shouldn't surprise you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X