For those who use baking soda/apple cider vinegar in their hair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who use baking soda/apple cider vinegar in their hair

I'm trying to go the no 'poo route and I'm having some issues with dandruff. I've only been doing it a few weeks. Every couple days I'll wash with baking soda and do an apple cider rinse and on the days in between I'll just rinse my hair out with water. The grease isn't really a major issue since I have a crew cut. However, I can't seem to shake the dandruff. What else could I do?

Are you getting enough Vitamin D & zinc?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I haven't tried no-poo (yet) but while doing research about it I found this:

Home Made Anti-Dandruff Shampoo | Natural Living Mamma

I think the trick is the essential oils.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Comment

I haven't tried no-poo (yet) but while doing research about it I found this:

Home Made Anti-Dandruff Shampoo | Natural Living Mamma

I think the trick is the essential oils.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
          Are you getting enough Vitamin D & zinc?
          Not sure. I started taking a Vitamin D supplement last week so hopefully that will help.

Comment

I'm on the same N=1! There's a thread going at the moment http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74809.html and there's some really good tips there. I think baking soda actually dries the hair out. I did a rinse with nettle tea last night and it worked quite nicely.
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I tried the no-poo for a while but didn't work for my dandruff. It was making my hair very dry and impossible to comb.

Moreover I had the feeling my head was never clean enough and so I came back to zinc shampoo which is so far the only thing that works. But will try again in the future..

Comment

If it's started since starting baking soda, it's over-drying for your scalp.

consider washing with water for several days, hen doing the baking soda 1-3x a week and see what happens.

Comment

Thanks Zoebird. Will try that..

I heard also that some people use egg yolk and/or honey.. does it make any sense?

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

good.I tried the no-poo for a while but didn't work for my dandruff. It was making my hair very dry and impossible to comb.thanks

Comment

I've been no poo for a couple of months and really enjoy it. I use a natural bar of coconut oil soap once every couple weeks or so, but that's about it. To take care of dandruff I scrub my head with a short stiff brush every day that I rinse with water (this should also inhibit hair loss).
                        Also, on the days I use soap, if I can't wait for my body oils to tame my hair (say I have work or something) I use just a tiny bit of coconut oil warmed in my hands and massaged into my scalp, which works astoundingly well.

Comment

Working...
                        X