X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THIS f*cker was primal...

I DARE you to deny it.

David the Gnome - Intro - YouTube
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Oh my gosh! Wow. I watched that when I was very little. Memories!
    My Writing Blog
    My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by aix_sponsa View Post
      Oh my gosh! Wow. I watched that when I was very little. Memories!
      As did I, as did I... It gave me a real appreciation for understanding the delicate balance between man and nature. This show was pretty frickin' deep for a kids show. And it ended in a most EXTREMELY sad way that is quite unsual for children's programming.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

How did it end?
        My Writing Blog
        My Twitter

Comment

Yeah!.. how did it end? you can't say that and then not tell us haha
          Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

http://www.hustleformuscle.com

Comment

David the gnome kicks the bucket - YouTube
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by aix_sponsa View Post
              How did it end?
              I can't just spoil it for people who want to watch it!

But the whole series is on YouTube so you can find out for yourself very easily.

And by the way, did I mention Tom Bosley is THE man?

The show was originally animated in Spain and became insanely popular over in Europe before they decided to bring it over to the states and do a dub of it.

Comment

That was pretty sad...
                Hustle for Happiness, Hustle for Love, Hustle for Health, Hustle for Wealth, Hustle for Muscle

Comment

Originally posted by cruncan View Post
                  That was pretty sad...
                  Another reason I didn't want to post it. But you've gotta admit... It don't get much more primal than that.

Comment

maybe it's just me, but he's not dead

he's just a shape shifter
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      maybe it's just me, but he's not dead

he's just a shape shifter
                      I didn't say he was. Just that it was still very poetic and sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                        Another reason I didn't want to post it. But you've gotta admit... It don't get much more primal than that.
                        I feel for the fox..

Comment

Originally posted by cruncan View Post
                          I feel for the fox..
                          Yep. Poor Swift.

Although he has a new beginning as well...

Comment

Oh my God - that song!! Watching the final episode as a child actually sticks in my mind. How I cried. I was maybe 5/6, and it was all a bit much for me...! What a great ending though - so risky, and pretty beautiful.

I was actually thinking of that show recently, trying to remember it. Thanks for posting Drumroll!
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              Oh my God - that song!! Watching the final episode as a child actually sticks in my mind. How I cried. I was maybe 5/6, and it was all a bit much for me...! What a great ending though - so risky, and pretty beautiful.

I was actually thinking of that show recently, trying to remember it. Thanks for posting Drumroll!
                              Hah, you're welcome. I loved the show myself. This was one of Europe's best imports to America, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X