No announcement yet.

Julia Child

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the segment of the Julia and Jaques show where they made picnic sandwiches. Jacque began a big spiel about what wine to drink with their sandwichs and she cut him short - said "I like beer", and plunked a couple bottles down on the counter in front of him. They had beer. Loved it!

Comment

OMG, that sandwich he made by digging out the innards of the big loaf of crispy bread and then filling it with fish, butter, and other stuff and then baking it all. Almost made say, "Screw Grok, I'm making that puppy." But I didn't.

Oh, and she's right - beer would be better with those.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I LOVE Julia!

It's funny, I'm on a Julia kick right now. I just finished reading Julia Child's book MY LIFE IN FRANCE co-authored with Alex Prudhomme. It's a phenomenal book, really captures her joie de vivre and chronicles how she became....well, Julia Child. I also just acquired (for the first time) Mastering the Art of French Cooking (vol.1 and 2) and I can't wait to try the beef stew!

Pea

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalWannabeGirl View Post
          I LOVE Julia!

It's funny, I'm on a Julia kick right now. I just finished reading Julia Child's book MY LIFE IN FRANCE co-authored with Alex Prudhomme. It's a phenomenal book, really captures her joie de vivre and chronicles how she became....well, Julia Child. I also just acquired (for the first time) Mastering the Art of French Cooking (vol.1 and 2) and I can't wait to try the beef stew!

Pea
          I also loved that biography! Good call, highly recommended. Also I borrowed MTAOFC from my brother-in-law who was a chef as well as The Lutece Cookbook. Think I'm going to have to make some rich, French meals this winter!

Comment

Working...
          X