Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J. Stanton View Post
    It took me about six months of research before I felt I understood Jack Kruse. That doesn't mean I always agree with his conclusions, but I have the utmost respect for him and for his work.

I will be blunt: Anyone who even thinks about calling "emperor's new clothes" on Kruse has no intellectual standing to be giving out dietary advice - let alone calling anyone out for lack of knowledge.
    I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stanton View Post
      It took me about six months of research before I felt I understood Peter. That doesn't mean I always agree with his conclusions, but I have the utmost respect for him and for his work.

I will be blunt: Anyone who even thinks about calling "emperor's new clothes" on Peter has no intellectual standing to be giving out dietary advice - let alone calling anyone out for lack of knowledge.
      JS, your blog is great, and i love many of your posts. i'll call BS on anyone i see fit to, and give out advice likewise. cause this is 'murika. if peter wants to be understood by a lay audience, he can write in order to do so. if he wants to persuade biochemists married to the insulin hypothesis of obesity, he probably doesn't need to do much persuading anyway. in my estimation, “if you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
        Care to explain how you believe Ron Paul and neo-nazis are in the same group? That doesn't make any sense.
        No, I don't care. Certain things should be obvious. Yes, neo-Nazism doesn't make sense.
        Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anna5 View Post
          No, I don't care. Certain things should be obvious. Yes, neo-Nazism doesn't make sense.
          The only obvious thing about that statement is that the author likes to make wild accusations on the interwebs.
          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

godwin's law.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
              The only obvious thing about that statement is that the author likes to make wild accusations on the interwebs.
              Well, I was joking. What is obvious to me, clearly isn't obvious to you.
              If Dr. Paul is unhappy with my "accusations," he is welcomed to sue me. What follows could be actually fun.
              dr anna
              Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                godwin's law.
                Yeah, life is simple when one lives an easy life of platitudes and cliches. The last time I checked, Hitler wasn't mentioned. And yes, we don't have neo-Nazi camps filled with illiterate geeks, including Paulists in Southern California and elsewhere. Sure.
                Can we really be sure that primal diet doesn't shrink people's brains to ... primal size?
                Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anna5 View Post
                  Yeah, life is simple. We don't have neo-Nazi camps fully staffed by illiterate geeks in Southern California and elsewhere. Sure.
                  Can we really be sure that primal diet doesn't shrink people's brains to ... primal size?
                  Early modern humans' brains were, on average, larger than ours. So, yes, we can be sure.

Comment

And what is "early modern?" The 15th century? Turn of the last century? What? What? What?
                    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

No. The term "early modern human" refers to the first recognizable members of the species Homo sapiens, who appeared about 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. In comparison, the 15th century was about 10 seconds ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                        No. The term "early modern human" refers to the first recognizable members of the species Homo sapiens, who appeared about 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. In comparison, the 15th century was about 10 seconds ago.
                        Well ...according to Wiki, early modern humans lived in the 15th century.
                        "Modernity typically refers to an historical era, roughly defined as a post-traditional or[clarification needed] post-medieval period beginning Renaissance (ca. 14th–17th Centuries), characterized by a move from feudalism (or agrarianism) toward capitalism, industrialization, secularization, rationalization, the nation-state and its constituent institutions and forms of surveillance."
                        I am pretty sure that many in artistic circles think that early modern humans lived at the beginning of the 20th century.
                        Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

You're talking about a cultural and artistic era, not an biological one. In anthropology, we use the term "modern" or "anatomically modern human" to describe us and early members of our species, as opposed to "archaic" humans like Neanderthals and Floresiensis who were earlier species that didn't survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                            You're talking about a cultural and artistic era, not an biological one. In anthropology, we use the term "modern" or "anatomically modern human" to describe us and early members of our species, as opposed to "archaic" humans like Neanderthals and Floresiensis who were earlier species that didn't survive.
                            I know what I talking about, or rather what point I am making. I am not an anthropologist and a phrase "an early modern human ate 200 000 years ago, for example, ... whatever" sounds weird.
                            Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Your point is invalid because your premise is incorrect.

Comment

I think her brain chemistry is incorrect, actually.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X