Teeth cleaning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth cleaning?

My breath stinks and it always has. The only time it doesn't is right after brushing or when I take a breath freshener. I have tried everything, besides eliminating toothpaste. My main concern is the glycerin for which I've heard it puts a layer on your teeth which is protective, however stops the tooths natural regrowth of its enamel (is that the right word?)
    Now i've heard about baking soda. But isn't this too harsh on the tooth enamel basically causing the same problem as glycerin by removing it?

Please clear this up for me and/or if you have any alternatives, thanks!
    well then

Do you have acid reflux? If you do, that will make your breath stink. You'll have to address the root problem there, if you have acid reflux. I had it for 9 years, turned out I had a dairy allergy that was causing it. No more dairy, no more acid reflux.

Also, try using a tongue scraper. That gets a lot of bacteria out of your mouth.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
      Do you have acid reflux? If you do, that will make your breath stink. You'll have to address the root problem there, if you have acid reflux. I had it for 9 years, turned out I had a dairy allergy that was causing it. No more dairy, no more acid reflux.

Also, try using a tongue scraper. That gets a lot of bacteria out of your mouth.
      When I went primal acid reflux disappeared, unless you can have it without noticing.
      well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
        Now i've heard about baking soda. But isn't this too harsh on the tooth enamel basically causing the same problem as glycerin by removing it?
        This: http://www.levysmiles.com/docs/Abras..._Toothpase.pdf

I make this Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe | Wellness Mama is it cleans really well. With regular toothpaste I would still be able to "scrape" gunk off with my fingernail, but not with this. I can skip a morning and not even really notice.

Comment

Baking soda is less abrasive than most of the toothpastes on the market, actually. I gargle with a diluted hydrogen peroxide mixture then brush with baking soda on top of toothpaste because I still like the minty sensation of commercial toothpastes. I also brush my tongue thoroughly.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Dry brushing, tooth-picker and coconut oil pulling should do the trick
            Ditch the toothpaste
            Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Do you have food rotting between your teeth? if so, you need to floss
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                Do you have food rotting between your teeth? if so, you need to floss
                I tooth pick. I will ditch the toothpaste although I'm very scared to do this.
                well then

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                  Baking soda is less abrasive than most of the toothpastes on the market, actually. I gargle with a diluted hydrogen peroxide mixture then brush with baking soda on top of toothpaste because I still like the minty sensation of commercial toothpastes. I also brush my tongue thoroughly.
                  How far back do you brush your tongue? And how do you clean your brush?
                  well then

Comment

Floss. Floss at least once a day, preferably after each meal. You should notice a huge difference, people with funky breath usually can benefit greatly from flossing.
                    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Flossing is huge. Since I started faithfully flossing a couple years ago, I no longer have morning breath.
                      Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
                      Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

agree with the flossing - bits of meat caught in your teeth can produce smell. the other thing i would consider is the size of your tonsils. you can get food caught in there too, that can rot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                          How far back do you brush your tongue? And how do you clean your brush?
                          As far back as I can reach without gagging. I rinse my brush with water.
                          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I used to suffer from bad breath like you. Most likely, your problem isn't from lack of oral hygiene. What cleared mine up what a large dose of antibiotics for a surgery. My theory is I was suffering from an infection and the ab kicked it.

Do you eat fermented foods and/or take large amounts of probiotics? It could help.

Comment

It's not your teeth; it's your gut. Most likely..

I had bad breath frequently that entirely disappeared when I kicked sugar to the curb. It only comes back when I indulge in it again, or am sick, or some new protocol is leading to a bit of detoxing. Brushing your tongue & mouthwash & such just cover it up for a few minutes. The stink comes from way down, not from your mouth itself.

Usually.
                              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
                              X