No announcement yet.

Teeth cleaning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you had any root canals? If so oil pulling may work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
      It's not your teeth; it's your gut. Most likely..
      I am so hoping this is true for me. I never had a problem with bad breath until I went primal. I am in the process of adding resistant starches and probiotics to my diet in hopes of fixing whatever has changed in my gut.
      50yo, 5'3"
      SW-195
      CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
      GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Could be die-off from stopping feeding the bad bugs in your gut. IDK about starches being helpful (some say inulin & such are; they weren't for me), but probiotics for sure. Make some fermented sauerkraut!
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Originally posted by jkr View Post
          I used to suffer from bad breath like you. Most likely, your problem isn't from lack of oral hygiene. What cleared mine up what a large dose of antibiotics for a surgery. My theory is I was suffering from an infection and the ab kicked it.

Do you eat fermented foods and/or take large amounts of probiotics? It could help.
          I don't at all, unless you consider chesea "fermented food". I will try to take some probiotics
          well then

Comment

Originally posted by Ferti View Post
            Have you had any root canals? If so oil pulling may work for you.
            I will try this as well
            well then

Comment

I have not used toothpaste for 2 weeks now. I have been eating sugar (fruit and dark chocolate) my teeth still look good. However I am very scared for the dentist now but excited as well. Should I brush my teeth with baking soda once in a while?
              well then

Comment

Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
                I am so hoping this is true for me. I never had a problem with bad breath until I went primal. I am in the process of adding resistant starches and probiotics to my diet in hopes of fixing whatever has changed in my gut.
                Is it possible you are in ketosis?
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                  I have not used toothpaste for 2 weeks now. I have been eating sugar (fruit and dark chocolate) my teeth still look good. However I am very scared for the dentist now but excited as well. Should I brush my teeth with baking soda once in a while?
                  You should brush your teeth with baking soda daily especially if you are eating sugar. Yikes people. This all natural stuff can get taken to an extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    You should brush your teeth with baking soda daily especially if you are eating sugar. Yikes people. This all natural stuff can get taken to an extreme.
                    Oh, great, well I hope I don't have cavities all over now
                    well then

Comment

Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
                      Originally posted by jammies View Post
                      Is it possible you are in ketosis?
                      I doubt it. Carbs are 75-150g/day. Until recently, that was mostly from yogurt and fruit. I often eat a late breakfast, giving me a total fast time of 14-15hrs, so I may slip into ketosis occasionally, I guess, but it's not a regular thing.

According to my DD, my breath was getting better over the holidays when I was eating a ton of Christmas cookies, lol. That suggests to me that it really is a gut issue and I need to find some other balance that doesn't include half my calories from cookies. I am working on more starch, fermented veggies and occasional kombucha. We'll see.
                      50yo, 5'3"
                      SW-195
                      CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                      GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Baking soda is very harsh and should be used rarely.

Here is a link that may help. My DH and I have been following Dr Ellie's system for a while with great results.

Dr. Ellie - Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye

Comment

Originally posted by Shalimar View Post

Here is a link that may help. My DH and I have been following Dr Ellie's system for a while with great results.

My dentist recommends baking soda. Dr Ellie is selling a system of products.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalimar View Post

Laboratory assessment of tooth whitening by sodi... [J Clin Dent. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI

There is also another dentifrice test done for abrasiveness in which baking soda placed dead last.

Hydrogen peroxide may also be used to whiten teeth, but I prefer coconut oil pulling. I also rub xylitol and or white sugar on my teeth for freshness. Kinda necessary when I drink so much coffee.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Are you or have you started flossing? Did it make a difference?
                              5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie79 View Post
                                Are you or have you started flossing? Did it make a difference?
                                I already was, however I will cut out milk. Maybe that'll work
                                well then

Comment

Working...
                                X