Primal New Year's Resolutions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leida View Post
    I have very modest resolution this year. To brush my teeth every night. Dunno if it's Primal, but I keep falling asleep before I brush my teeth, so I want to make sure to brush them earlier at night right after supper. I am not sure just WHY it is such a monumental fit of willpower. ???
    Ah, this reminds me:
    No more food after brushing my teeth after dinner in the early evening. Nohing. Zip.

Comment

I'm cutting my alcohol consumption in half. I don't drink a whole ton now, but enough, so I'm trimming that down by half. we'll see how that goes. i'd also like to get outside and exercise more.

Comment

I'm going to have specific lifting goals. If I really want to meet them, I have no choice but to 1) clean up my diet, with less sugar (chocolate), and 2) get more sleep, which are the main components of PB that I have problems with. Three in one, but focus on one
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

No resolutions for me as such, but some goals and affimations

Start eating really clean again - no more sugary crap, almond flour mince pies are not healthy and neither are lint truffels

This shoud lead to goal of losing last pounds to get lean and moderatly defined all over (ie of the rest of me was as 'ripped' as my legs and forarms i'd be most happy)

I also have a couple of fitness goals to aim for in this year.

Want to get running again once achilles tendon has healed and do a half marathon, maybe even a full marathon

Get a sandbag to add lifting heavy stuff to bodyweight excersises

Complete the centrury challange (40 squats, 30 press-ups, 20 hanging knee raises, 10 pull-ups) (thanks to Al Kavdlo for this idea from his PCC course) and then set a challage to do it as fast as possible, then try for 3 rounds as a quickish work-out.

Do 25 pull-ups

Do a Muscle up, pistol squat, kip up and handstand push-up.

That should keep me busy.

I also want to work on becoming a personal trainer this year, but not sure how to fund it, or find the time, but it's a work in progress.
          You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Mine as follows...(not necessarily all primal)

I will continue to eat red meat, butter, cream, raw chocolate and bacon regularly, sometimes all at once.

I will not under any circumstances submit my body to a Diet, Anything that starts with the word "die" cant be healthy..

I will make some sort of half arsed attempt to keep my house tidy...ish.... emphasis on half-arsed.

I will try to BBQ more out in the back when the weather is nice. if the weather is naff I may still BBQ simply to drive the neighbors insane.

Scr£w Fashion, I will dress however I like.

I will put aside more time to read. & maybe if I'm feeling particularly generous, write stuff.. whatever I feel like...even if its cr@p...

Drink more... Probably water as whiskey is expensive at 1/2 gallon a day.

Live more natural. Find natural products that work for me. No nudist colony's though, I think that may be to natural......

Walk the dogs more, play more, get outside more. Or play outside with the dogs more.......

I will nurture my inner b*tch, I figure I'm old enough to stop being so nice to stupid people that are a waste of air.

I will stop dragging my mind out of the gutter.. Its fun there. I should enjoy it....
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

My resolutions are never about food or health, but usually some small way to make life more enjoyable...one year I decided to start giving money to street musicians as my resolution because I think they make life more interesting.

This year my resolution is to start sending cards through snail mail again for my friends' birthdays instead of resorting to lame posts on facebooks, which really take zero effort and don't actually mean anything. I sent my first card a few weeks ago, and it was actually kind of exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                This year my resolution is to start sending cards through snail mail again for my friends' birthdays instead of resorting to lame posts on facebooks, which really take zero effort and don't actually mean anything. I sent my first card a few weeks ago, and it was actually kind of exciting.
                That's a really great idea! I've always thought about sending snail mail to my closer friends, but never knew what to write about. Birthday is a perfect occasion, and then I will also know who lives where XD
                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I don't make New Year's resolutions. But a few lifestyle improvements always occur to me around this kind of year, and they wind up being de facto resolutions, so...*rolls eyes at self*

This year, we've got:
                  1) Find some physical activities to do out in my new town on a regular basis, like yoga, martial arts or a rock climbing class. Combining physical activity and socialization is key.

2) Give up coffee. Sure, Mark says coffee is ok as long as you're not using it as a crutch. And my friends - I'm using it as a goddamned pacemaker. I am chemically addicted. And I don't like the idea of being really addicted to anything. I'll indulge in caffeinated tea on occasion, but my daily go-to drink will be herbal tea (although I'm seriously considering decaf coffee because beyond being addicted, I really LIKE it! I'm still trying to decide if that's reasonable or a lame cop-out that's bound to sabotage my efforts).

Comment

2012 was my year to lose weight (lost 130 lbs), and was a success.

2013 is my year to get stronger. I start Crossfit on the 7th.

I am also getting out more, hiking, camping, and bunches of other outdoor activities that I couldn't (wouldn't) do at 325 lbs.

Not so much a New Years resolution, but more of a determination to change my life for the better.

Comment

I kind of like setting New Year's Resolutions, but I rarely keep up with them

This year I'd like to reach 20% body fat (ideally I'll get lower, but 20% is a good figure to start with).

Be able to do a pull up (without assistance), or even more

Will not fall off the primal path (I was really good when I first started out, and then I started letting a couple of things slip in... and then more slipped in... and so on and so forth). No more slipping!

Comment

I usually don't do new year's resolutions, but I have one this year.

I have always wanted to enjoy eating fish, so my goal is to cultivate a taste for it.

I don't have the heart (hee, hee) to tackle organ meats yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickfeet101 View Post
                          I usually don't do new year's resolutions, but I have one this year.

I have always wanted to enjoy eating fish, so my goal is to cultivate a taste for it.

I don't have the heart (hee, hee) to tackle organ meats yet.
                          I am learning to like fish too! Start with Tilapia, it's tasty with butter and spices!

Comment

In addition to sending out real cards for my friends' birthday, another resolution will be to take at least one hot bath every week by candlelight while relaxing to some This American Life/Radiolab podcasts, which I never seem to have time to listen to. I am really looking forward to this!

Comment

Some really great ones here, folks. Here's mine:

My top New Year's Resolution is to be more social. I am a major, major, social coward. Years of being the fat guy pretty much restricted me to one role (that of comic relief) and that role did not let me build up many social skills. I want to get out, get with other people, and have fun. I hardly hang out with anyone from my age group. I'm great with people 30+ or 16 and younger ... adults and kids basically.

But as a 24 year old, I have no connection with my generation at all. This year, I'm making a major push to get more socially active. I'm not sure how to approach it, frankly it scares the crap out of me thinking about it all, but I got to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- seriously, I need the help.
                              Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Trekfan are you at all interested in historical re-enactment? A couple of years ago my son and I used to hang out with some friends that did Renaissance Fairs and there were lots of 20 something yr olds as well as older folks. It was fun just hanging out in the camps, it attracts a lot of interesting eclectic people. Plus the food can be pretty primal; there always seems to be some one selling turkey legs to gnaw on.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X