Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an animal or animal part you wouldn't eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen some recipes for testicles that look pretty tasty. Unfortunately, they are invariably breaded in cornmeal and deep fried, which makes them decidedly non-primal. Still, I'd try them once.

I mean really, am I the only one who has fantasized at least once about sticking a fork in a testicle?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Oh, I forgot. I'll try almost anything once, but I'd have a hard time with a dog or a cat. I'm not big on crawdads or lobster, but I'll eat them. I'll eat pork, but not if there's another option (sausage and bacon, I do eat willingly.)
      About the only meat I won't try at least once is one that could kill me if prepared wrong or gotten from an unknown source: puffer fish, brains, scorpions, that sort of thing.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

I don't much care for cannibalism. Everything else is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          eyeballs :|

and maybe balls-balls
          Rooster "balls-balls" are one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten.

From free range chickens, of course.

To OP,
          kidneys, gizzards and eyeballs are pretty gross to me. The first two are too chewy and not tasty enough imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            I've seen some recipes for testicles that look pretty tasty. Unfortunately, they are invariably breaded in cornmeal and deep fried, which makes them decidedly non-primal. Still, I'd try them once.

I mean really, am I the only one who has fantasized at least once about sticking a fork in a testicle?
            I love your posts!

Comment

Pig testicles are pretty tasty. My grandpa used to make BIG batches of Rocky Mountain Oysters every year, when it was time to castrate the piglets. It's very rich like liver... but chewier, like a tender chicken gizzard.
              Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
              Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
              Current weight: 210.8 lbs
              Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
              ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
                I don't much care for cannibalism. Everything else is fine.
                Y'know, I think it almost disappoints some of my friends/colleagues when they learn I'm NOT a cannibal.

Comment

Well, I respect the higher carnivores too much to eat them except in the direst of straits. Even then I'm not sure if I could eat a dog or a wolf.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

There isn't much. I love sweetbreads, kidney, testicles, blood and brains. Liver though... I'm not really a fan. I mean, if I have to I'll eat it, but I'd rather not.

Comment

A local restaurant had leg of lion on the menu once. Caused quite a stir. I don't think I would eat that.

When I was a kid I had a job in a veterinarian's office and I got to watch the doctor do operations. Watching him castrate animals was pretty fascinating. He'd cut a slit in the testical and squeeze and *POP* out pops this bluish-white veiny ball. I really don't think I could eat that.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I've had pig testicles - thought it was like a mini veal cutlet. If I could get them pre-pounded (ouch!) I'd probably even cook them. I feel no enthusiasm for any sort of offal. Maybe in time I will feel differently? I will never eat brains. Aside from the ick factor, I am scared of prions, lol.
                        50yo, 5'3"
                        SW-195
                        CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                        GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

If you're a good cook and will cook it, I'll eat it.

Comment

quite a few that I would try and avoid such as has been mentioned above, incl brains. I also could not eat horse or kangaroo! If I was starving, I'd rather eat bugs/ants/dirt or just go hungry (at least for as long as I could)!

Comment

Speaking of animal species that are off limits to me.......cats. Hell no. Not even in the direst of straits.

Comment

I've heard that carnivore meat is generally pretty nasty. But if I was for realz starving, unless companionship was more urgent for my survival than food, I might eat my cats. I know they'd eat me if I dropped dead and no one came to check on me for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X