CoC grippers rusted on me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drlove View Post
    Sorry for the somewhat stupid questions, I simply have about 0 experience in these things. I should oil the spring alone or the whole thing?
    I personally don't oil anything and mine are going great after 10 years. I clean dead skin out of the grips from time to time and wipe it down with a gun cloth to get moisture off of them. It's not all that deep, worst case you move up to a higher strength by the time they show any real signs of wear heh.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Thanks for the answers.
      One more thing though, you guys seem to know a thing or two about the grippers. When closing the gripper (till there's a nice metallic click, my right hand does fine), but my left hand closes them in a very weird way. The gripper doesn't close in a straight way, the two grip parts seem to move in a circular motion, overlapping each other, and never closing in a straight way like when using my right hand.

Any ideas why? (It also feels weird when holding them on my left hand, it's like they don't fit right)

Comment

Thanks for the answers.
        One more thing though, you guys seem to know a thing or two about the grippers. When closing the gripper (till there's a nice metallic click, my right hand does fine), but my left hand closes them in a very weird way. The gripper doesn't close in a straight way, the two grip parts seem to move in a circular motion, overlapping each other, and never closing in a straight way like when using my right hand.

Any ideas why? (It also feels weird when holding them on my left hand, it's like they don't fit right)
        Without seeing you do it, first thing that comes to mind is some sort of torsion from not having the same level of strength as your dominant hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
          Without seeing you do it, first thing that comes to mind is some sort of torsion from not having the same level of strength as your dominant hand.
          Makes sense. That was my first impression of the matter. Time will tell.

Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Go to the diesel crew's youtube page and check out how to properly set the grippers in your hand. Jed is one of the top grip competitors in the world. Make sure you are setting them properly in both hands. Then go to work. If u cant find anything, i will try to post links tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
              Go to the diesel crew's youtube page and check out how to properly set the grippers in your hand. Jed is one of the top grip competitors in the world. Make sure you are setting them properly in both hands. Then go to work. If u cant find anything, i will try to post links tomorrow.
              I'm starting to think it's not the strength of my left hand. I am sure I can close it (and I do, multiple times and I even "over close" it, it just doesn't close right). Therefore I assume it's something with my technique.

Point is the video has music, so I can't hear the instructions. I'd really appreciate some help with that matter.

Comment

I'm starting to think it's not the strength of my left hand. I am sure I can close it (and I do, multiple times and I even "over close" it, it just doesn't close right). Therefore I assume it's something with my technique.

Point is the video has music, so I can't hear the instructions. I'd really appreciate some help with that matter.
                It could be your wrist and not your grip strength, do it with your right hand slowly and pay attention to position of everything from elbow down, then do it again with your left and see if you notice any difference.

Comment

How to Set a Gripper - YouTube

here's jed talking you through it

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                    It could be your wrist and not your grip strength, do it with your right hand slowly and pay attention to position of everything from elbow down, then do it again with your left and see if you notice any difference.
                    Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                    How to Set a Gripper - YouTube

here's jed talking you through it
                    Thanks to you both!, hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                    X