Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When making friends do you prefer quality or quantity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
    Happy Birthday! I would bake you a cake if I were closer
    That's nice of you to say. I'm caring for a parent with Alzheimer's and even she didn't realize that yesterday was my birthday. But it was kinda cool... the role reversal... and we had a nice day together nonetheless. We played cards together which she loves. It was just another day for me, and perhaps that was best. No need for cake. We all just do what we can.
    Last edited by JEL62; 12-16-2012, 02:40 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't think anyone would prefer quantity over quality when it comes to friendship unless you're a movie star who depends on social networking status with millions of followers on twitter and Facebook.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

      "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

      Comment


      • #18
        Valmason, i'm not sure how to change, but i know it is normal for me. We should meet up some time, we could always stare at each other uncomfortably over lunch or something trying to figure out something to say that's not totally lame. Joaniel that is generally how i feel, drained. On my days off i stay at home a lot to recharge. Jell62, happy belated birthday. Generally i don't celebrate anymore.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by phigment View Post
          Jell62, happy belated birthday. Generally i don't celebrate anymore.
          Thanks... interestingly my 30th and 40th birthdays were much worse... 50 was a breeze...

          Comment


          • #20
            A mix is preferable. I have bar buddies, people I don't know real well but I can hang with at the bar. And I have few really close friends. I have trouble with people in between.

            The bar buddies are zero maintenance. The close friends aren't really high-maintenance either because I want to hang with them. But there are some folks that I was closer with at some point or have moved away or have a family and I have to really work to make time for them.

            Comment


            • #21
              We should. At least we wouldn't have to explain why we have to be careful what restaurant we go to. Tell me a time

              Originally posted by phigment View Post
              Valmason, i'm not sure how to change, but i know it is normal for me. We should meet up some time, we could always stare at each other uncomfortably over lunch or something trying to figure out something to say that's not totally lame. Joaniel that is generally how i feel, drained. On my days off i stay at home a lot to recharge. Jell62, happy belated birthday. Generally i don't celebrate anymore.
              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

              Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

              Comment


              • #22
                That is hard. Kudos to you. Yes, we all do our best with what we have. And pray it's enough. Sounds like you are doing more than enough.

                Originally posted by JEL62 View Post
                That's nice of you to say. I'm caring for a parent with Alzheimer's and even she didn't realize that yesterday was my birthday. But it was kinda cool... the role reversal... and we had a nice day together nonetheless. We played cards together which she loves. It was just another day for me, and perhaps that was best. No need for cake. We all just do what we can.
                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

                Comment


                • #23
                  thurday after 4, or anytime on friday or saturday. Pick a place and time and i'll meet you.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Can't help it, people in real life are like energy suckers.
                    I think that's the reason for most of people's introvertedness. Other people can really try to push you down or say/do other non-positive actions, so it's hard to talk to people who are so fake all the time :\
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

                    Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      oh Thursday would work! Maybe 530 or so? Hmmmm....how about Moe's?

                      Originally posted by phigment View Post
                      thurday after 4, or anytime on friday or saturday. Pick a place and time and i'll meet you.
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                      Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by phigment View Post
                        i perfer quality. Right now i would state that i'm friendless but do have a lot of aquaintances. It takes a lot for me to meet and trust people. I almost have panic attacks when people ask me to go out. I believe i'm introverted to an extreme and not sure how to change. My socializing skills are nonexsistant and small talk drives me insane.
                        Bless you.

                        I feel the same way about small talk.
                        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          sounds good. Moe's on archer or university?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Rojo View Post
                            A mix is preferable. I have bar buddies, people I don't know real well but I can hang with at the bar. And I have few really close friends. I have trouble with people in between.

                            The bar buddies are zero maintenance. The close friends aren't really high-maintenance either because I want to hang with them. But there are some folks that I was closer with at some point or have moved away or have a family and I have to really work to make time for them.
                            I think my frustration comes from having a lot of those people in-between.

                            I like having a mix, too. However, since I've moved a few times, I don't have all those school friends to rely on; my closest friends are far away, and making new besties who live nearby feels like it's impossible as an adult. Once people hit their thirties, it seems like no ones looking to meet new friends anymore; they seem happy with what they've got.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              let's do archer. i need to go to target at some point.
                              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                              Age 48
                              height 5'3
                              SW 215 lbs
                              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                              LW 172 lbs
                              GW 125ish lbs

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                i'll be there with bells on...probally not with bells...but you never know ;-)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X