Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer in my yard. No weapons. How to eat them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    Can I eat ricin-tainted deer??
    You can, not sure if you should however...
    My Writing Blog
    My Twitter

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by gopintos View Post
      Beer?

      Maybe you could ferment some corn or something. Get 'em good and drunk?
      Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      That's actually an amazingly great idea.
      Yal, I was initially thinking for the deer, but I guess with enough beer (in you) you can do anything!! hahaha And maybe grab the duct tape. Cuz ya just never know.
      65lbs gone and counting!!

      Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Primal Moose View Post
        Legality is only an issue if you get caught.
        Yal I always heard you have to get them before the poachers do.
        65lbs gone and counting!!

        Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

        Comment


        • #34
          Surely persistance hunting would be useless outside of a desert?

          How about sneaking behind it (or allready being hidden behind it) a chasing it into a prepositioned net/hole?

          Comment


          • #35
            take the appropriate hunter safety course, buy the appropriate weapon that would let you legally hunt them during the appropriate season, practice your ass off, and then take the shot. poaching deer is most definitely not legal in any state of this fine union. you need to find out if you can legally shoot within the proximity to your house, neighbors' houses, and what the clearances are. you need to find out if your town has firearms discharge laws (yes, bows are considered firearms), you need to find out if your state has primitive weapons laws that would allow you to use a spear. sorry to rain on your venison-induced parade...

            Comment


            • #36
              KG, sharpened broom handles? An atlatl? I hunt deer and nothing makes me sicker than the thought of a deer suffering. If you can't kill it quickly and efficiently, then don't try. Please.
              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

              Comment


              • #37
                Get ya a big box, a stick, and some string. Prop the box up with the stick and tie the sting to the stick. Put some corn, apples, carrots under the box. When the deer walks under the box to get the bait pull out the stick with string from your hidding spot and trap the deer inside.
                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think this plan of hatched by Scott F might actually work. Given you had a big enough box, that was heavy and sturdy enough. Then you could begin to domesticate deer... AND MILK THEM! You could be the first guy to sell deer cream, and deer cheese, and deer yogurt. Think of the possibilities!

                  P.S. Imagine opening the box to kill the deer, that would be an adrenaline rush. I don't think I could make myself do it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sambo712 View Post
                    P.S. Imagine opening the box to kill the deer, that would be an adrenaline rush. I don't think I could make myself do it.
                    Imagine when that deer seen daylight it ran you the f*ck over and trampled you with its hooves.
                    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The boy in "My Side of the Mountain' killed deer using a deadfall. The book has diagrams. It is fiction, but based on real experience. However, it might not kill the deer outright. Also, not sure about the dog/cat/kid situation in your yard. Might be dangerous.

                      Add another vote for learning how to kill to quickly. No need for the animal to suffer excessively, and if you are cold-hearted, well, excess adrenelin(Why is this word so hard to spell? Forget it- it stands, I'm sure you know what I mean.) can make the meat taste off.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Knifegill, you may not kill and eat the deer in your yard as they are purely decorative. Go have some canned fish and watch some Gossip Girl, that will get you your protein and war-hormones in marvelous substitute-sort-of-way.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            You need to find out the hunting regulations in your area. Just because it is on your acreage, doesn't mean you can take the deer without a license. Deer hunting is my absolute favorite past time, and there is no finer eating than a fat, two point mule deer. Deer steaks dredged in flour and panfried in butter are phenominal (as is the heart), and unfortuntely cocnut flour and almond flour are poor substitutes for wheat flour in this instance.

                            Parting thought: Wild game is as good as the best grassfed beef...
                            Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                            SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                            CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

                            BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                              take the appropriate hunter safety course, buy the appropriate weapon that would let you legally hunt them during the appropriate season, practice your ass off, and then take the shot. poaching deer is most definitely not legal in any state of this fine union. you need to find out if you can legally shoot within the proximity to your house, neighbors' houses, and what the clearances are. you need to find out if your town has firearms discharge laws (yes, bows are considered firearms), you need to find out if your state has primitive weapons laws that would allow you to use a spear. sorry to rain on your venison-induced parade...
                              +1

                              Just because we eat primal doesn't mean you need to de-evolve and cause pain and undue suffering to an animal. Even thinking about it is despicable.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
                                +1

                                Just because we eat primal doesn't mean you need to de-evolve and cause pain and undue suffering to an animal. Even thinking about it is despicable.
                                This is why I suggested a good hunting crossbow. My brother has taken 5 or 6 deer now with one and has never had one go farther than 20 yards after being hit. With the right equipment and training, that's about as humane as it gets.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X