Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies. I stand corrected.

Comment

I always get a hot chocolate (whether at Starbucks, Elliano's, or a local place)!
      My Writing Blog
      My Twitter

Comment

I absolutely LOVE hanging at my local coffee house.

If I'm on the cheap, I just get their house roast, black. Typically it's some sort of fair trade, organic thing.
        If I'm feeling spendy I go with a breve (latte using heavy cream.)

Sometimes I have flavor shots added, but not usually. I take my own liquid stevia for sweetness.

Comment

Baristas around here look at me like I'm a Martian when I ask for just a splash of heavy cream in my red eye. It seriously took about five minutes for one barista to understand that I didn't want half and half, I didn't want whipped cream and I didn't want skim milk - I wanted heavy cream, and just a little bit of it, not half a glass!

Try a tisane if you're not used to drinks that aren't sweetened, they have a lighter flavor than regular tea and don't, in my opinion, need any honey or sugar. Mint and chamomile make excellent teas.

Comment

An Epic Mocha. Made with Belgum chocolate. It's located in West Perth, Western Australia.
            A bit of a travel for some of you, a word of warning, a small cup is enough, a medium is a challenge and a large will have your sugar hit for years.
            Ana-Tane = (Cave Man)

Comment

Bhakti Chai made with unsweetened hemp milk ... almost primal kinda ... but tasty!!!!

Comment

I go for black coffee.
                Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
                Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
                Goal: 160

Comment

Every time I go to Starbucks for coffee, I get bloated as shit. And the coffee doesn't taste that great. And the hwc has carageenen

But in other news! I like to get a brewed coffee with warmed heavy cream on top. And if I can't get the heavy cream, I just take it black
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I had never heard of breve before this thread and now I'm afraid that if I try one it will ruin lattes for me.

Comment

Once I learned to make espresso at home in a stove top espresso pot (like my dad used to use on holidays), drinking coffee from a shop was ruined for me. But if they made it, a mug of espresso with two tablespoons of half and half. In my jammies.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

6 shots of espresso followed by a Venti coffee. No sugar, no cream. Just the straight stuff for me.
                        Randal
                        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                          6 shots of espresso followed by a Venti coffee.
                          Holy crap! LOL.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by sarasue624 View Post
                            I am interested in non-milky teas as I will probably be attempting a Whole 30 after the holidays. I've tried various "zingers" which taste just enough like cough syrup I dislike them, though I like the idea of them. I like cold green tea though hot green tea doesn't seem to have enough taste. I like a "corn tea" that a local Korean restaurant serves, though I have no idea what is in it or how it's made.
                            Have you given green tea with mint a try? It's quite tasty both cold and hot, and of the "fancy greens" is usually one of the easier to find. Tazo has a blend called "Zen" that you can usually find in chain coffee shops, and you'll sometimes see it marketed as "Moroccan Mint" or "Moroccan Whatever." Earl Grey is nice, zingy without being syrupy, and you might like Lady Grey as well - it's Earl Grey with lavender. All three of these options are best without milk, IMO.

My all-time favorite green (ok...well...maybe tied with a more grassy tea that you might be less into) is Bancha Hojicha. It's a roasted green tea that's got this wonderful nutty flavor. I have no idea what your "corn tea" tastes like, but it might be close. There's another green called Genmaicha that contains toasted rice (legend has it they started adding this to tea during WWII to stretch their supplies). Anyway, it has a similarly toasty flavor to it as Bancha Hojicha, so I thought the Hojicha might replicate the "corn tea" without containing corn...or rice. :-) Be careful, though, because I've seen places get Genmaicha and Hojicha mixed up. Just look for the rice, if you want to avoid it - it's right there in the tea, looking like little tiny pieces of popcorn.

So, uh...yeah, right after college I definitely worked simultaneously at a Starbucks and a loose tea shop. :-D I love this stuff!

Comment

Working...
                            X