The first Decade of the Century

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
      I graduated high school in 2008, when Bush was president. I then attended community college and got my AA, transferred to a 4-year university. I am not an idiot.

If I wasn't so sure of my accomplishments in academia and the workforce, I might be insulted by what you are saying. I am sure there are a handful of people who graduated high school between 2000 and 2008, then went to community college, who might feel insulted.

You are making a hefty generalization, which honestly does not make sense to me. Where is this all coming from?
      Pretty sure he's too stoned to make sense to anyone. Don't take it personally.
      Depression Lies

Comment

I am always totally baffled when people do not comprehend what I am saying; I trick English the fuck out!
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

I learned the other day that we are also called "Echo boomers"

Comment

wtf? Like the dolphin?

Comment

Because we are the demographic echo of our parents the Baby Boomers

The Echo Boomers - CBS News

But yeah, it's a dumb name. Were you thinking of echolocation or Ecco the video game dolphin?

Comment

The Sega game.

I think it's probably a lame Establishment attempt to perpetuate their obsolete ideologies into the new century.

Comment

Working...
                X