Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayan Calender -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mayan Calender -

    Thoughts please
    I don't believe in mumbo jumbo, however I do think some people have an ability to see into the future.
    What is gonna happen near the end of 2012 - nothing ????? or are we already seeing an increase in natural disasters ????? or are we just being made more aware of natural occurances through the media ?????
    I find this fascinating, as I am sure others do........let the discussions begin
    ...........or let this thread die naturally !
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  • #2
    Every calendar I've ever owned had a last day. The world hasn't ended yet.

    Comment


    • #3
      well, in the final week of 2012 i plan on finding out who serves the best burger in my city. that's about the level of excitement i expect to see surrounding the end of the world claims. though, i do agree that there has been either more natural disasters or more reporting of it than i can ever remember, but i wonder if that has more to do with increased media capabilities than ever before.
      frankly, i'm a little shocked that the mayan calendar thing got so much attention. i'm even more shocked that the mayan calendar went all the way to 2012. if i were making a calendar i would stop after a couple of generations.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

      Comment


      • #4
        The solstice will happen around that time. On the 21st, I plan to do what I do for every "end date:" crawl onto the roof, get liquored up, wait until midnight and proclaim exuberantly about besting another apocalypse, and crawl my ass to bed.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          The solstice will happen around that time. On the 21st, I plan to do what I do for every "end date:" crawl onto the roof, get liquored up, wait until midnight and proclaim exuberantly about besting another apocalypse, and crawl my ass to bed.
          you just made me realize that the 21st kicks off my vacation...so i'll be doing something similar, only on my friends' roof, probably while holding their baby.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

          Comment


          • #6
            I figure I will fall asleep and a a few days after the expected end of the world someone will say, "So what about them Mayas?" and I will say, "Crap, did I miss that already?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by primalrob View Post
              you just made me realize that the 21st kicks off my vacation...so i'll be doing something similar, only on my friends' roof, probably while holding their baby.
              Remember, a true friend does not shake the beer or the baby.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                I figure I will fall asleep and a a few days after the expected end of the world someone will say, "So what about them Mayas?" and I will say, "Crap, did I miss that already?"
                The only ones left will be those who weren't taken up in the Rapture.

                Devilboy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                  The only ones left will be those who weren't taken up in the Rapture.

                  Devilboy.
                  Now you hurt my feeling. All one of them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Knowing me, it's also quite possible I'll try and start something on FB about how the Mayans were right and the Rapture had come to Texas. "There's thousands of people floating in the air nekkid as jaybirds! I'm not going anywhere. Hey Bob! Can I have your car?"
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hmmm, a little FB chicanery might just be in order.

                      "Hey, we just had a massive temblor here, looks like there's a big crack that opened up in the street in front of our house. Wait, what the HELL is that giant flaming ball of--"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        OMG I spelt Calendar WRONG - shock horror....profuse apologies !!!!!
                        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                        ...small steps....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                          Hmmm, a little FB chicanery might just be in order.

                          "Hey, we just had a massive temblor here, looks like there's a big crack that opened up in the street in front of our house. Wait, what the HELL is that giant flaming ball of--"
                          PM me with a name and I can hunt you down. I keep myself invisible to just about everyone because of a few exes.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            I figure I will fall asleep and a a few days after the expected end of the world someone will say, "So what about them Mayas?" and I will say, "Crap, did I miss that already?"
                            If anyone asked me that I'd probably respond "I don't watch football."
                            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              I don't believe in mumbo jumbo, however I do think some people have an ability to see into the future.
                              Do you not realize that you just contradicted yourself?

                              Imagine some mayan scribe chiseling the future dates into the big ass piece of rock calendar. That is hard work. He had to stop someplace. The mayan rulers quit paying him when their civilization went bust and he stopped chiseling. No mystery.

                              But it's a great excuse for an end of the world party.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X