No announcement yet.

Mayan Calender -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I don't believe in mumbo jumbo, however I do think some people have an ability to see into the future."

yeah.

Here's the thing. The Mayan calendar was (is) cyclical. It's really not too much different from the thought process of our Gregorian calendar's Leap Year correction. It is in NO WAY a prophecy of the end times. It's just a resetting of the calendar for the next cycle.
    carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      I'm going to party like it's 1999.
      Hey, remember Y2K? The internet went down, and the banks crashed, and.... no wait. That didn't happen.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Nope, the world didn't end (and take my debt with it, Daing!)
        Good luck to us all!
        Cheers!
        48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Comment

Bummer, gonna have to pay those bills after all.....

Anyways the Mayans never accounted for leap years and then the Romans changed a few things to so technically the world ended about 7 months ago...
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Everyone still here? LOL

Comment

Alright, I've tried to contain my nerdiness but I just can't hold it in anymore. So here goes.

MAYA is a cultural group. MAYAN is a language group. The Maya speak Mayan languages and use the Maya calendar. Now you have no excuse not to get it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Everyone still here? LOL
                Nope.
                Durp.

Comment

So, are we dead?

Comment

Working...
                  X