The Super Secret Potato Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
    Thanks French Fry. I knew there was another site you mentioned. I may just take a little break from meat for a week. Love the stuff but the savings will be nice and I've avoided potatoes far too long.
    Personally, I am not doing a potato hack but taters are cheap, and to avoid spending a fortune on meat every day, I eat a big chunk of beef liver once a week, with occasional mackerel / sardines or some ruminant meat in-between (more rarely pork or poultry). Beef liver is really cheap. I also do beef hearts once in a while. The thing is organ meat is so cheap, it's absurd! Of course, you've got to like these things ...

I forgot: I like eggs a lot!
    Last edited by FrenchFry; 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
      Personally, I am not doing a potato hack but taters are cheap, and to avoid spending a fortune on meat every day, I eat a big chunk of beef liver once a week, with occasional mackerel / sardines or some ruminant meat in-between (more rarely pork or poultry). Beef liver is really cheap. I also do beef hearts once in a while. The thing is organ meat is so cheap, it's absurd! Of course, you've got to like these things ...

I forgot: I like eggs a lot!
      Yes, I like your version. I sort of like liver. I can eat it once a week. I had veal liver the other day. I have never had beef heart.

I did just rediscover smoked oysters and sardines after peeking in on the Peat thread. I also grabbed a can of smoked clams. Had the can for lunch. Oh my. I love eggs and have access to pastured eggs. I also just stocked up on Trader Joes grassfed ground beef.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Reading this now, I'm thinking about doing the potato hack again. Maybe next week.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
          Reading this now, I'm thinking about doing the potato hack again. Maybe next week.
          I just did a huge cookup of a bunch of meaty stuff but as soon as I get through some of it, I'll freeze the rest and do the potato hack.

Comment

• AND..the french fries were awesome. I tossed them in a bowl with truffle salt and fresh rosemary chopped fine. Yum..

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
              AND..the french fries were awesome. I tossed them in a bowl with truffle salt and fresh rosemary chopped fine. Yum..

Omg. Dinner tonight.
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                Omg. Dinner tonight.
                Defininitely follow the link that Frenchfry provided. It's a keeper.

Comment

• Just in case anybody runs across this I'm posting my results from my first hack that ended two weeks ago (I stopped for a week and am now on another) I ate hot mashed potatoes pretty much the entire time and LOTS of them, up to 5 pounds a day and lost 16 and something pounds in two weeks. I went back to eating locarb the week after and lost a whole HALF a pound the entire week and said screw it and started another hack. This second hack the results are a LOT slower! I'm thinking I'm not eating enough though, I've had a crazy schedule and not had the proper time to get in my taters. I'll post what I've got so far after the first one. Anyhoo, good luck to anybody who comes along!

Day 1 - 165.8
                  Day 2 - 163.6 2.2
                  Day 3 - 161.4 2.4
                  Day 4 - 158.4 3
                  Day 5 - 158.0 .4
                  Day 6 - 158.4 +.4
                  Day 7 - 157.8 .6
                  Day 8 - 154.8 3
                  Day 9 - 155.4 +.6
                  Day 10 156.0 +.6
                  Day 11 156.4 +.4
                  Day 12 155.0 1.4
                  Day 13 151.4 4.4
                  Day 14 150.0 1.4
                  Day 15 149.0 1

Second hack -
                  Day 1 - 152.8
                  Day 2 - 152.8 0
                  Day 3 - 151.0 2.8
                  Day 4 - 150.0 1
                  Day 5 - 150.0 0
                  Day 6 - 148.4 1.6

Comment

• wow, fantastic!!! Thanks for keeping track and posting!
                    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Nicely done!!!!!!

Julia

Comment

• Lindstar, those are some amazing results. Now I'm craving a tater!

Comment

• Originally posted by lindtstar View Post
                          Just in case anybody runs across this I'm posting my results from my first hack that ended two weeks ago (I stopped for a week and am now on another) I ate hot mashed potatoes pretty much the entire time and LOTS of them, up to 5 pounds a day and lost 16 and something pounds in two weeks. I went back to eating locarb the week after and lost a whole HALF a pound the entire week and said screw it and started another hack. This second hack the results are a LOT slower! I'm thinking I'm not eating enough though, I've had a crazy schedule and not had the proper time to get in my taters. I'll post what I've got so far after the first one. Anyhoo, good luck to anybody who comes along!

Day 1 - 165.8
                          Day 2 - 163.6 2.2
                          Day 3 - 161.4 2.4
                          Day 4 - 158.4 3
                          Day 5 - 158.0 .4
                          Day 6 - 158.4 +.4
                          Day 7 - 157.8 .6
                          Day 8 - 154.8 3
                          Day 9 - 155.4 +.6
                          Day 10 156.0 +.6
                          Day 11 156.4 +.4
                          Day 12 155.0 1.4
                          Day 13 151.4 4.4
                          Day 14 150.0 1.4
                          Day 15 149.0 1

Second hack -
                          Day 1 - 152.8
                          Day 2 - 152.8 0
                          Day 3 - 151.0 2.8
                          Day 4 - 150.0 1
                          Day 5 - 150.0 0
                          Day 6 - 148.4 1.6
                          nice!

see McDougall may not be a complete quack
                          Few but ripe.

Comment

• Ha! I ate McDougall for 9 years. I was still fat! I think it's the solo potatoes that does it. I really wish potatoes didn't flare arthritis in my hands.

Comment

• I get the same thing - a little pain in a few joints in my hand, but it goes away after a few days. It happens everytime I start in on potatoes.
                              2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
                              2010 Paleo Diet
                              2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

Comment

• Originally posted by Key Tones View Post
                                I get the same thing - a little pain in a few joints in my hand, but it goes away after a few days. It happens everytime I start in on potatoes.

Just read your signature, or whatever it is called, and wanted to say WTG!!!! That is fantastic!!!!
                                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X