The Super Secret Potato Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hebsie View Post
    .... <tick, tick, tick> ... sitting silent here, just waiting for Paleobird to join in and jump all over this post -- only because, really, that's what she does...hebs

ps....nice work p-b
    Why on earth would I "jump all over it"? I have no problem with people finding success in different ways. Dialing back the fat, upping the carbs and restricting calories is one way. The way I did it was dialing back the fat, upping the protein and restricting the calories. Not so very different.

And I think planks are one of the best exercises ever. They have really worked for me too. That plank-off challenge sounds great.

And, paleo-bunny, my condolences on the loss of your furry friend. The animals we take into our homes and hearts are members of the family. Anybody who doesn't "get" this isn't someone I want to know.

Comment

• Off potatoes for a couple of days. Yesterday felt hard, all potatoes until suppertime, then had turkey and cauliflower (with high fat gravy and garlic butter respectively), but then was peckish all evening, getting into tiny bits of stuff. No gluten grains, just some potato chips, a few grapes. Wasn't sure what I was wanting to satisfy me, but I wasn't finding it.

Weight at 148.5 this morning. I"m having eggs this morning.

Based on 8 days of potatoes in the last 3 weeks, I'm down 6 lbs, and no longer stuck in my "fat pants". Pretty good return on the investment, I'd say...

Comment

• Martha - Great job!!!!!

Being out of the fat pants is GREAT. I also had to retire mine after my neighbor said "Julie, what is
        up with the super baggy jeans - you know you're skinnier than those things make you look".

She doesn't know I wear my HUGE homeless clothing attire because it's comfortable, but, whatever.

Anyway, I was able to buy a pair of jeans in the girls department for TWELVE DOLLARS. I LOVE twelve
        dollars and I love the girls department because they make the jeans the right fit for my STUPID boy
        shaped body. Yanno, the rectangle with an ass. That's me.

Paleo-Bunny, very sorry to hear about your rare-bit. I've had two rabbits myself, and COMPLETELY
        understand what a great companion they are, and my loss of them 6 years ago was a painful one as
        well, so, I feel you.

On the upside, I was at my favorite walking trail one day, where there are a bunch of feral cats - I heard a
        strange "barking" type noise, searched around down a huge steep hill/cliff in the damn THORN bushes and
        found myself a 5 week old kitten!

That "kitten" is now a little over a year old and the bestest pet EVER.

I've NEVER, and I mean NEVER (you may understand this being a rabbit person too) been "pro-cat", but OMG,
        girrrrrrrl, THIS cat is JUST like one of my rabbits! She chins stuff, she does that wonky head move before she's
        about to do something EVIL, and a BUNCH of other crazy rabbit type things. SO WEIRD.

So, why I'm telling you this, is that maybe when you're done grieving, you might want to think about getting
        a kitten for a switch up.

I never ever, EVER thought in my ENTIRE life that I would LOVE something THIS MUCH.

You would have to know me to understand the magnitude of that sentence, but, yeah, it's crazy love.

Me + a cat = NEVERWOULDATHUNKITINAZILLIONYEARS

Okay! Potatoes!!!

Is anyone else going to carry on with the project? Gopintos, you still in? Or are you done?

I'm still holding on to my 1.2lbs that I "gained" when going off potatoes and eating all that crapola,
        but that is fully fine with me.

Went to the gym Monday and all my lifts were still where they were last week, so no deleterious
        effects that way.

I've been MEANING to do potatoes during the day and then meat, veggies and more potatoes for dinner,
        but, ahem, it really hasn't worked out that way, but I NEED to because my MIL is coming this next
        Tuesday and it's going to be a god damned feeding frenzy when she gets here.

She's from a small town in Minnesota that only has ONE fast food place - A&W Root Beer, so when MIL
        comes here, holy lord, watch out, she wants piles and piles of good food. Stuff we make at home, stuff
        SHE makes for us, and then it's on like ping pong for McDonald's, Chinese food, Armadillo Willy's, PIZZA
        three times at LEAST, Mexican food and Togo's.

And she's here for TEN DAYS.

Doesn't mean I have to eat all of it, but it's hard man, HARD.

At least I can't drink anymore.... that's good. Cuz every time she comes at xmas for her 10 days,
        we would EACH drink a bottle of wine at night. EVERY NIGHT. Crazy.

Okay! Welp, y'all got me during my coffee loquacious time in the morning. Sorry!

Julie

Comment

• Wow, that sounds like an on-slaught of the fast food, lol. Hang in there! I am thinking I might try potatoes on Friday when I will be backing 8 or so gingerbread houses for a GBH party we have on Sunday. Though I might do a frutarian day - gotta show Chaco how many apples a gal can eat in a day, LOL!

Ladies, anyone has a secret to how not to eat the dough (or the house!) when baking at home all day (well I'll do a kick ass workout first, and maybe have to chop for the party, but then it's flour, ginger, molasses and nutmeg....)
          Last edited by Leida; 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
            Ladies, anyone has a secret to how not to eat the dough (or the house!) when baking at home all day (well I'll do a kick ass workout first, and maybe have to chop for the party, but then it's flour, ginger, molasses and nutmeg....)
            You print out a picture of yourself at your HEAVIEST and tape it to the palm of your hand!

Or somewhere in the room where YOU can see it but no one else can....

I did this once to the inside of cupboards AND my refrigerator when my boys were small and
            wouldn't catch on, but these days I'd have to be more discrete so they wouldn't ask questions. . . .

Comment

Ladies, anyone has a secret to how not to eat the dough (or the house!) when baking at home all day
              Eat tators

Hang on, I gotta catch my breathe. Reading Julie's post made me exhausted ....

Whew... Ok, so no, not doing all tators. And not really tator's plus. More like tators plus plus :P I did just finish a tator w/tuna for lunch though. But I had eggs and salmon for breakfast (I was hungry for some reason - I guess cuz I got up at 3am so by 7 I was hungry) and I am having beef heart (and maybe tators plus veggies) for dinner.

I was reading the new release of PHD yesterday, and I am going to just follow that for now, which does mean up to a pound of safe starches each day. Who knows though, I might throw an all tator day in here and there.

I want to go through the longevity thread also, and make some notes. I think I do pretty well but just want to make a list.
              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                Ok, so no, not doing all tators.
                I disremembered sum'thn

I was going to try to pay attention to my middle of the month. Seems like I tend to go up a little, and I was going to try to stay on top of that. This morning was the same as yesterday (weight) and I ate normal (well normal within the ranges I set for myself) so if I go up a little tomorrow, I may do all tators.

I dont have a cycle anymore, and tests at the Dr said I am not pre-menie either. So it may just be a co-inky dink of some kind.

Comment

• Ha-ha, I like the suggestion about the fridge, though for me I will probably need a poster of an Athletic Goddess, I react so much better to positive than to negative.

I am considering potatoes, but my digestion just barely normalized after my attempt last weekend, so I am concerned about uhm having to cancel the party due to the unsafe breathing air in the house, lol. We'll see, at least one meal of spuds can be pretty good.

Comment

• InSearchOfAbs/Julie - thank you for your sympathies.

I have bonded closely with cats, dogs and rabbits in the past. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a tart as far as other mammals are concerned.

I love your warm sense of humour. It makes me laugh a lot. Thank you. You make this forum a brighter, sunnier place.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                      ...it's on like ping pong for McDonald's, Chinese food, Armadillo Willy's, PIZZA
                      three times at LEAST, Mexican food and Togo's.

And she's here for TEN DAYS.

Doesn't mean I have to eat all of it, but it's hard man, HARD.

Julie
                      I love eating out with friends and relatives. They all ohhh and ahhh over what I eat. I have never found a restaurant where I couldn't eat a lot of good, primal food. Just skip the crap breadsticks, oily rice, shit pasta, and dessert.

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
                        I love eating out with friends and relatives. They all ohhh and ahhh over what I eat. I have never found a restaurant where I couldn't eat a lot of good, primal food. Just skip the crap breadsticks, oily rice, shit pasta, and dessert.
                        Steak and baked tator has ALWAYS been my favorite meal when eating out. They even had a decent steak at the Mexican Restaurant the other night. I think I could go to one of those places, you know where the steak is the size of the table and if you eat it all, you get it free? I think I could give them a run for their money well if I don't eat a tator first

Comment

• Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                          InSearchOfAbs/Julie - thank you for your sympathies.

I have bonded closely with cats, dogs and rabbits in the past. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a tart as far as other mammals are concerned.

I love your warm sense of humour. It makes me laugh a lot. Thank you. You make this forum a brighter, sunnier place.
                          Hey thanks!

Yeah, I'm pretty much an animal trollop as well, but I was maaaaainly a dog person.

That said, when I was about 6, I would find all kinds of animals and bring them home.

My family then nicknamed me "Dr. Julittle".

Hilarious.

My father was BAFFLED once when I found and caught a parakeet, that ended up living
                          at HIS house, for 14 years!!!!

But my best, was a pheasant (and this is california, silicon valley, the suburbs though, but
                          still, there is not wild game running around), and I caught it, and made a "house" for it in the
                          backyard out of my mother's good card table and a bunch of WHITE sheets.

OMG, she was LIVID. BeyOnd livid even.....

Caught a little cherry head parrot in mid-drop 6 years ago when a hawk caught it, then
                          dropped it (the parrot must have bitten him), but my kids came running up behind me
                          (they were 2&5 at the time) and scared it out of my hands. GRRRRRR. I REALLY wanted
                          to keep that parrot.

Couple years ago my husband came home to find a pigeon in a cage on the driveway.

He just waltzed in the house, comes into the family room, looks at me all dead-pan and says:
                          "seriously, you caught a pigeon?"

Well, it was hurt, and of COURSE it was probably hungry, so I HAD to, right?

Even had a little yellow finch fly in my house once, caught him too, but I let him go - he was
                          the wild variety, not really a finch but an oriole i think.....

If I could have 1600 pets, I totally would, but good ol' 7 and 10 (the kids) are plum enough
                          at the moment, so I'll have to wait until they move out to fill the house..... tee hee!

When I moved out at 18yo, I promptly got a 6 week old black lab puppy. We lived together
                          for 13 years alone, then I met my husband, moved in with him and she lived until she was
                          16. Bestest friend on the planet.

@Otzi - I hear you - I don't eat everything that Mom wants to get, but if I do, I just make an
                          allowance for the 10 days she's here, as she's only here at xmas and summer for the same
                          amount of time. Wish she lived CLOSER, but nope.

Comment

Ha-ha, I like the suggestion about the fridge, though for me I will probably need a poster of an Athletic Goddess, I react so much better to positive than to negative.

I am considering potatoes, but my digestion just barely normalized after my attempt last weekend, so I am concerned about uhm having to cancel the party due to the unsafe breathing air in the house, lol. We'll see, at least one meal of spuds can be pretty good.
                            If you try it again, peel the potatoes if you didn't last time. I don't know if it's been said here, but some people experience digestive trouble, gas or otherwise, due to the peels.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                              This morning was the same as yesterday (weight) and I ate normal (well normal within the ranges I set for myself) so if I go up a little tomorrow, I may do all tators.
                              Good weigh-in today -1.5 I need to take some measurements. Maybe later.

Comment

• Go, gointos!!!

@sjmc: I peel my potatoes, so that's not a factor.

I am actually wondering if I need to consume potatoes with yogurt and sauerkraut, i.e. probiotic to aid digestion. When I was doing my carb-ups, I did that and never had troubles. My carb up was just one day, and huge (6 lbs of potatoes) but yes, I ate yogurt and sauerkraut along with the potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X