The Super Secret Potato Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Farfalla View Post
    You should see it after clicking on this link: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/dsc01879yo.jpg/
    Gosh I didnt see that earlier. duh. Anyways, okay... now I am salivating
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• My weight this morning was 134 so I have lost 3 pounds total since Monday. Yesterday, I consumed 1,130 calories. I'm not doing the hack today because bf wanted to go out to dinner tonight and so do I. BUT, depending on how much the rebound is come Monday, I may do it for four more days next week. I'm going on vacation next Friday and would love to lose a few more pounds before then.

So my stats for this experiment look something like this:

Monday:
      Consumed approximately 1,359 calories (not accurate because didn't weight the potatoes).

Tuesday:
      Weight: 137 lbs
      Consumed: Approximately 1,350 calories

Wednesday:
      Weight: 135 lbs
      Consumed: 1,549 calories

Thursday:
      Weight: 135 lbs
      Consumed: 1,130 calories

Friday:
      Weight: 134 lbs

I will keep better stats if I do this again next week. In other news, I'm sick of not being able to weigh my food when I'm not home so I just bought a pocket food scale on Amazon. It was super cheap, only $8 something. I should get it next week, and from then on, I'll be the crazy person who carries a scale around with her and weighs everything she eats. (I'm one of those people who can't just lose weight by eating primally--in fact, I gained because I was eating 2,300 calories or more of meat, fat, and veggies, thinking that I'll lose my muffin top just by cutting out the grains.) But DAMMIT, I WILL lose that muffin top, one way or another.

My journal

Comment

• I'm one of those people who can't just lose weight by eating primally--in fact, I gained because I was eating 2,300 calories or more of meat, fat, and veggies, thinking that I'll lose my muffin top just by cutting out the grains.) But DAMMIT, I WILL lose that muffin top, one way or another.
        Yeah, me too. I keep eating myself up to 2,000 calories every day. And gods forbid I touch fruit! Fat is happily staying where it is and bringing friends to play too.

I ate my first potato thin mush this morning around 4 am, and the second - around 8 am. Though I got full really fast at 8 am, now I am hungry again, and it is only 9:30 am
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
          Why don't you just freeze it? It can be made into a dry fruit and rice soup or a pudding afterwards.
          I thought of that, but then it was already too late. Had been in the fridge 7 days. Wah.

Comment

• Glad I came across this thread--I've only gained doing LCHF primal, and the gain only increased with the percentage of fat constituting my diet.

I don't have a kitchen scale, but I'm wondering why I can easily eat 12-14 medium yellow potatoes/day, whereas other women here seem to be doing well on far fewer. I eat them plain, with salt and/or with hot sauce (chilli, vinegar, salt). Anything else I'm missing?

Stats: 5'5", female, 150lbs.

Comment

• dallytante - how many days in a row have you been able to eat that many potatoes?

Comment

• Today's update is a bit strange, can't explain the numbers, but I don't like where they are going. Hopefully its not a trend. This is why I think just reporting "weight" doesn't really tell us anything. My weight did go down, but I suddenly gained fat. Sort of strange on a calorie restricted diet with no fat in it. Also, probably impossible to gain 2 pounds of fat in one day on ~1200 calories. Calories in, calories out, right people? We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Anyway, my eating got thrown off a bit yesterday. For lunch, I was taken to Sushi. I had 2 simple tuna rolls for lunch, bit of ginger, bit of wasabi. LoseIt! calculates this as 300 calories. Other places track it at about 360. So, I thought it shouldn't be much of a problem. The other difference was Potato Soup, which was made from a recipe I saw on the PPD thread. Made a pot with 16oz. of Trader Joe's Organic Chicken Broth (1g fat per cup), and three Idaho potatoes. I ate about 1/4 of this, and have will have some more for lunch today. Other than that it was just potatoes, total calorie intake for yesterday was 1272.

Day 1: Calories: 1860
                Starting Weight: 194.6
                Starting BF: 19.1%
                Fat Pounds: 37.16
                Lean Mass: 157.43
                FBG: 107

Day 2: Calories: 1211
                Morning Weight: 193.6
                BF: 18.9%
                Fat Pounds: 36.59
                Lean Mass: 157.01
                FBG: 101

Day 3: Calories: 1119
                Morning Weight: 190.4
                BF: 18.9%
                Fat Pounds: 35.98
                Lean Mass: 154.41
                FBG: 104

Day 4: Calories: 1252
                Morning Weight: 189.6
                BF: 19.7%
                Fat Pounds: 37.35
                Lean Mass: 152.25
                FBG: 94
                Ketones: 0.2

Day 5: Calories: 1272
                Morning Weight: 188
                BF: 18.2%
                Fat Pounds: 34.25
                Lean Mass: 153.95
                FBG: 97
                Ketones: 0.4

Day 6: Calories: TBD
                Morning Weight: 187.8
                BF: 19.3%
                Fat Pounds: 36.24
                Lean Mass: 151.56
                FBG: 107
                Ketones: 0.3

Comment

• Four. I'm not gaining, and I do find the sating, but I'd like to get to a point where I don't get hungry within three hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by dallytante View Post
                    Four. I'm not gaining, and I do find the sating, but I'd like to get to a point where I don't get hungry within three hours.
                    wow! Okay, well, what if you tried a microwaved russet with JUST salt, instead.

i find that the yellow potatoes are lots easier to choke down, but when faced with
                    a russet, the off switch is flicked after a few BITES. blargh.

@Atticus - I bet tomorrow you'll be a lot lower. I know you're using the scale for
                    trends of bodyfat - but all impedance scales are really affected by the body's hydration
                    or lack there of, so even though your scale weight isn't higher, you could still be
                    holding on to water from your sushi treat.

I wouldn't put ONE OUNCE of stock in scales you step on for bodyfat. Even for trends.

How tall are you again?

Comment

• Dally, it is very personal, but don't worry, you are still eating very little claories. My 1700 grams of potatoes are like 12-16 potatoes (relatively small). That's why you are hungry. Try making potatoes into a soupy mass - volume can help.

Sort of strange on a calorie restricted diet with no fat in it. Also, probably impossible to gain 2 pounds of fat in one day on ~1200 calories. Calories in, calories out, right people? We'll see what tomorrow brings.
                      Are you using bio-impedance scale? If yes, basically it is either registering a drop in muscle or more likely the content of your digestive track (pooped lately?) and water satiation of your body. Mine does it all the time. Try drinking half a cup of water before weighing yourself. For me, I usually register drop in fat until I am close to losing 3-4 lbs, BF stays stable, then BAM! BF goes up, muscle mass decreases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
                        +1 on the milestone!

And, whoa, not hungry on <500 cals? I am sooo envious!
                        Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                        It is absolutely the most weirdest thing I've ever experienced. Srsly.
                        I keep telling people this is 'nature's hcg'. HCG works because it keeps the user out of starvation mode, if that's a real thing, and not hungry while eating 500 calories.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Today's update is a bit strange, can't explain the numbers, but I don't like where they are going. Hopefully its not a trend. This is why I think just reporting "weight" doesn't really tell us anything. My weight did go down, but I suddenly gained fat. Sort of strange on a calorie restricted diet with no fat in it. Also, probably impossible to gain 2 pounds of fat in one day on ~1200 calories. Calories in, calories out, right people? We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Starting Weight: 194.6
                        Starting BF: 19.1%

Day 6: Calories: TBD
                        Morning Weight: 187.8
                        BF: 19.3%
                        I think you are doing great, not sure how you are measuring BF, but I'll bet it is not as accurate as your scale.

Originally posted by dallytante View Post
                        Four. I'm not gaining, and I do find the sating, but I'd like to get to a point where I don't get hungry within three hours.
                        How do you do normally? Are you an all-day eater, ie. 3-4 meals/snacks? Maybe this is showing you something about yourself that you didn't realize... Good luck

Go Pintos - Love the new siggy line!

Comment

• I use this for BF testing: Amazon.com: Omron HBF-306C Fat Loss Monitor, Black: Health & Personal Care

But yes, your point is still right on. It actually is good for trends, not so good for single points of data. It is fairly accurate if you ignore everything to the right of the decimal, lol. Meaning, it seems to fairly represent the state I'm in, I would say I'm around 19% BF.

While I'm back here, I thought I'd mention that I have noticed a difference in my sleep quality. I am having more vivid and rememberable dreams, but also it seems that I'm sleeping lighter. I've been more wakeful at night. When I'm on my normal ketogenic diet, I generally sleep really well, but don't remember a thing.

Other than that I'm tolerating the experiment really well. Actually still like the taste of Potato, and looking forward to my soup for lunch!

I'm having fantasies of ripping every last shred of BF off and looking like a greek god. Go Potato Go. (DISCLAIMER: Just because I am pro-potato at the moment does not mean I think it is a magical food. Haters relax. Only ground Unicorn hoof is magical).

Comment

• The vivid dreams and light sleep are related - you can only remember your dreams if you come awake during one. So, everyone dreams basically every night, but the deeper you sleep, the less you recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                              I have had more rice this week and maybe that is slowing my progress.
                              Well... I think I discovered... that part of my problem... was backed up plumbing issues. I think I lost 2-3lbs about mid-morning when the pipes finally decided to clear out. Geesh.

Originally posted by dallytante View Post
                              Glad I came across this thread--I've only gained doing LCHF primal, and the gain only increased with the percentage of fat constituting my diet.
                              This was me also. So it's good to know though. I can eat that way and maintain just not lose. But I might have been too chronic though. Had I mixed it up once in awhile, it might have been okay. But I seem to lose weight faster on about a 3 way split, fat even up to 40%. I try to keep it under 60g.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Only ground Unicorn hoof is magical
                              I would love to try that sometime. Maybe the SUMF next?
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                                I would love to try that sometime. Maybe the SUMF next?
                                I'm sure someone would tell us that the collagen in the hoof is not a complete protein and therefore is bad for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X