No announcement yet.

Aaaaah- going GREY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wished that book would be about 20$ less....

Comment

I'm 25, and have begun to see very tiny (perhaps a centimeter long) gray hairs sprouting on my head about one or two at a time. When I find them, I hunt and destroy them with my seeker missile of tweezers. My sister does the same, and we pull out each other's white hairs like monkeys. I realize that if I keep it up, when I'm older I'll be bald from obsessively pulling out all those hairs!
      My Writing Blog
      My Twitter

Comment

Haha, I think we all have gone through that phase. That was fun in a destructive-obsessive sort of way.

Anyways. Was just thinking that my self-coloring job was actually quite good for growing out, as absolutely all soi-disant permanent color seems to be gone. So no color block like I see with some of the irregular salon-visitors here.

Also washed all that colored powder out again teh same night as now it just looks fake. In fact, everybody with full-on dark color after the age of thirty looks suddenly fake to me. Like Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl yesterday.
        Last edited by Comma; 12-12-2012, 08:11 AM. Reason: magical mystery edit!

Comment

I smacked my partner's hand away the first time he tried to pull out one of my greys. I earned that hair, dammit!
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Comma View Post
            Ye, I have heard about that. Were you dark? I cannot imagine any sort of lights taking me out of skunk territory.

Hm. Just sprayed entire bottle of colored powder spray on hair to cover up grey as going to a do...well well.
            Yes, dark with carmel colored highlights, and a few reddish highlights (hair was dark brown with reddish tint) and I kept it short too thru the transition. Each touch up was a wee bit lighter than the previous one and more "grey" in color. Keeping hair short thru this period really made a difference IMO.

I agree with what someome else said, being over weight and wearing frumpy clothes is more aging than grey hair. Lets face it, a flat tummy and fit, firm body gets our attention no matter what a persons age is! I do firmly believe that HEALTHY hair is key too when going grey. If hair isn't healthy, grey makes it look even worse IMO. I have very coarse, thick, curly hair and it can be a challenge to keep it under control but it does look very healthy which I think is a big plus. We all know healthy skin and hair looks good no matter what age we are....I did have to revamp my wardrobe when going grey, being over weight I didn't realize how "frumpy" I looked until my grey was fully unveiled. Ditched the frumppy clothes (hard to do, cuz I thought I was "hiding" some of the fat rolls) and look/feel much better without the frump, now if I could just lose these 40 exta pounds...

Comment

...nothing like cashmere and a smile to go with grey hair.

Comment

I'm mainly concerned about how my hair will look in 20 years just because of how thin it is on top. You can see scalp. Like I've said earlier, I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness almost 6 years and have regrown some of what I've lost.
                Georgette

Comment

gray-hair-color-tips-opener.jpg

....andshe designs lingerie....I mean, come ON!
                  Last edited by Comma; 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I have no idea if it would help ya, but I heard that castor oil helps to grow hair. It wouldn't hurt to try, for sure. Otherwise maybe the pill? Might be worth a question?

Comment

I have no idea if it would help ya, but I heard that castor oil helps to grow hair. It wouldn't hurt to try, for sure. Otherwise maybe the pill? Might be worth a question?
                      Are you talking about birth control? If so, no friggin thanks. I'm a raging you know what on that stuff.
                      Georgette

Comment

In fact, everybody with full-on dark color after the age of thirty looks suddenly fake to me. Like Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl yesterday.
                        +1000! I totally think this now! Even mid-brown, or blonde hair on ladies in their 40's 50's and 60's looks SOOO fake. I have this urge to say something but never would - but I do tap ladies on the shoulders and tell them when their grey/silver hair looks fab...

The tide is turning ladies - and we are trendsetters...

Comment

YES! Hooray!

Comment

Actually trend is full blown already.

Comment

I'm going to wash my hair now and then I will cut it off.

Comment

Go for it! I love my short funky do...

Comment

Working...
                                X