Love

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geostump View Post
    Being that I have been married for 15 years, I can definitely say love does evolve. No marriage will not have its rough spots(nor any relationship for that matter). You do lose that head over heels feeling(aka the honeymoon stage) but love can evolve into being more of a friendly/romantic type of love.
    It keeps on evolving. Or it does if you're invested in it, I guess. After 25 yrs we are back to the honeymoon - only it's better. Knowing that you've made it through things that could have permanently driven you apart, things that have destroyed other marriages and you've come out on the other side, gives the relationship an intensity and complexity that we could not even have imagined 20 years ago. I wonder if 25 years from now we will look back and think we had no idea how good it could get only 25 years in.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Married twice and three cohabitations - of course I believe in love! And all except the first marriage lasted longer than seven years.

I think that monogamy makes sense in younger people more than older ones. More specifically child-bearing age vs past it. For me, it seems clear that both parents would want to bond with each and their children to keep the children safe. I think Grok would have needed to even more than modern man because if he wanted his children to grow to be adults, he'd need to stay close.

Serial monogamy works for me. The one time in my life when I had affection for two men at the same time, it drove me batshit, and I never wanted to repeat it.

I've had promiscuous periods in my life, but mostly because you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the perfect prince.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        I didn't feel at all ashamed about getting divorced (no religious pressures either). I did feel a bit foolish for ever having gotten married in the first place. It was like the marriage was the stupid thing I did, the divorce was just the smart thing to do to correct my mistake.
        I couldn't have said it better myself. I am seperated from my wife right now. I am just trying to fix a mistake. I will be taking a break from relationships for awhile. I think being alone sounds pretty good!

Comment

Working...
        X