No announcement yet.

Fell in love with new blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some of W30 restrictions are simply frivolous. If you have previously eliminated dairy, eliminating butter & fermented makes no sense whatsoever. Embracing all tubers but white potatoes makes no sense whatsoever. That said, I did fine, but after finishing it fell into deep depression --> fruit, of course. (Sigh) Overall, yes, W30 is easy, just won't do it again because I don't see no point to reject perfectly good food. We do too much of it anyway.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      Oh wow, that's it? That's almost my daily life. Of the things I do indulge in--dairy, wine and white potatoes-- it would be beyond easy to eliminate them. I could so easily go without those things as to not even notice.

I wonder if non-alcoholic wine could be used for cooking? One attempts to cook off the alcohol anyway, right? I actually think cooking with wine wouldn't really count on a whole 30 anyway. There's so little alcohol left and it's split among all the servings in the whole recipe plus it's just for flavoring. And what are they trying to get you to eliminate? The alcohol or the sulfites or both?
      I didn't read anything that made a distinction between alcohol and sulfites.
      Just no alcohol.
      Perhaps I didn't dig deeply enough.
      I've heard that a couple of the non-alcoholics are passable... I always cook with good wine/liquor when I do. Skipping the alcohol completely in the cooking process would skip the chance to let the alcohol liberate some of the flavors that water alone cannot though... yes?

I think I live close enough to the edge of this that I'm just not very interested in doing it completely... I darn near live there so I don't see a real point I guess.
      I admit I'll be glad to have the holiday season over and all my travel done with so I can start picking up my real raw dairy again.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

For me, dairy -- even raw and fermented -- upsets my stomach, except for butter which I do use. i don't see any reason not to at this point, really, since it is so minimal. So being without dairy is no trouble.

Potatoes are bad for me. one potato leads to binging, so I stick to sweet. It's just how I respond.

I don't do sweetners, other than the occasional dark chocolate, and I actually did give that up for 30 days. I figure having chocolate once a month or less is no big deal. But, I can also do without it so all good.

never did alcohol and the like, so that's easy.

The rest is pretty straight forward and easy, so.

Comment

I could do whole 30 if not for the sweetener and caffeine restriction. I need my daily coffee so badly.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

i suppose i'm doing caffeine, now, actually. I've been off caffeine for about a week now. It's hasn't been hard, but I don't drink coffee -- just tea. So I switched to a different tea (peppermint, red bush).

Comment

There is no caffeine restriction on Whole 30... not that I could find.
              The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Rooibos tea is really good.

I also like a peppermint, spearmint, raspberry leaf, and chamomile mix.

Herbals are great.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                There is no caffeine restriction on Whole 30... not that I could find.
                The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Rooibos tea is really good.

I also like a peppermint, spearmint, raspberry leaf, and chamomile mix.

Herbals are great.

It seems I did a Whole 30 without realizing I was doing one. Cool beans. I didn't feel restricted at all. As for tea, I received a cool cup and a tea infuser for Christmas (yes, a month early. It is how we roll) so have been drinking the hell out of some tea. Well, herbal stuff and Rooibos as actual tea gives me a headache. Good stuff indeed, though it makes it harder for me to squeeze in all my coffee drinking

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  ...putting my daily consumption into a tracker made me feel like food was no longer a joy, but something evil, or maybe just bad.
                  I know a lot of people feel this way, but I love my numbers! I get a lot of satisfaction out of planning my menus and tracking my macronutrients.
                  My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

Comment

Working...
                  X