Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help an undergraduate graduate with a mega-simple survey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help an undergraduate graduate with a mega-simple survey?

Greetings, all.

I'm in my last year (actually my last couple of weeks) of my anthro undergrad, and I'm practicing data analysis for a researd methods paper. All anonymous, unpublished, etc. - though maybe I can also find out something worthwhile with this sort of thing...

If you're a paleo eater (I know it's "primal" around here, but for the purposes of this, I'd like to call it "close enough"), spare me a couple minutes to do this super-brief (22 meager questions) survey? It's really simple, multiple choice, no personal identifying data of any kind required. I'd be *eternally* grateful. Or at least extremely grateful for the next month, maybe two.

Just looking at a few of the social factors that influence our ability to comply with this weirdo food thing we do.

Go take it using this link if you want to make my day:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G88LYJ2

Kind regards,
    Elisha

Done, pretty quick. Thanks for not requiring a sign up.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Done :-)
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

done good luck!

Comment

quick and easy. nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ElishaJBaker View Post
            Greetings, all.

I'm in my last year (actually my last couple of weeks) of my anthro undergrad, and I'm practicing data analysis for a researd methods paper. All anonymous, unpublished, etc. - though maybe I can also find out something worthwhile with this sort of thing...

If you're a paleo eater (I know it's "primal" around here, but for the purposes of this, I'd like to call it "close enough"), spare me a couple minutes to do this super-brief (22 meager questions) survey? It's really simple, multiple choice, no personal identifying data of any kind required. I'd be *eternally* grateful. Or at least extremely grateful for the next month, maybe two.

Just looking at a few of the social factors that influence our ability to comply with this weirdo food thing we do.

Kind regards,
            Elisha
            done and doner
            ----------------------------------------
            F, 48, 5'10"
            Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
            Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

me too

Comment

Originally posted by ElishaJBaker View Post
                Greetings, all.

Kind regards,
                Elisha
                Done, but I have a suggestion that may be of interest depending on how you're analyzing your data. People come to paleo for different reasons, weight loss, food intolerances or general health. Compliance for someone with specific health issues might be more important than for someone doing it for general health or weight loss. Or maybe not, if they resent the fact that they can no longer eat pizza, or have a health care practitioner that doesn't approve of the diet. Just some thoughts.
                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Done.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I did it. The only question I really had trouble answering was how well I tried to adhere to "paleo guidelines." I'm not entirely sure what that means. Everyone seems to have their own idea of paleo.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Done, I lied to make myself feel better though.

jk.
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Me too.
                          In the past year I have discovered that I am gluten, grain, dairy and legume intolerant.

I am trying to make sense of it all through my blog: http://www.goingagainstthegrain.co.uk

Comment

Done.

Maybe you should post a due date/deadline so folks know when you need the info by.

Comment

Thanks very very much everyone. More than enough responses for my paper.

I would absolutely like to set this up as a much more detailed survey (but hopefully not *too* much longer in the future). Ideally I'd like to revamp a lot of questions and administer it to people who are keeping actual food logs for a month or two. (maybe I could convince some people on myfitnesspal or fatsecret or something to do it.)

I tried to keep this exceptionally simple because I have to analyze the responses in all kinds of ways in the next week and I didn't want too much on my plate. But if any correlations stand out as particularly interesting I'll certainly design a way to look at them more closely in the future...

Comment

Working...
                              X