• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor twinkies ):

*mourns*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Comment

I liked HoHos.

Little Debbies never came close.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Comment

For those who are maybe too young to remember Dan White, and the "Twinkie Defense," it's kind of interesting. Googling either Dan White or the Twinkie Defense will get you the story. I lived in SF when the assassinations occurred, and remember walking on to campus that morning and seeing the news on the great electric sign on the student union building. Still gives me shivers to think about it.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I'm going to buy and display a twinkie, for future generations to behold.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                  Little Debbies never came close.

Comment

Never liked them.
                    Tastycakes were my favorites back when I used to eat that sort of garbage.

Comment

LOL, this was an epic fail.... Today Show this morning - very obese woman being interviewed about Twinkies. "I have been eating Twinkies my whole life, I don't know what I am going to do". Really. No way.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I never liked Hostess products. Now, Tastykake was a different story. Their product was so much better. That and Drakes Ring Dings when they were their own company before Hostess bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          If you believe in the corporate hierarchy, I'm surely not going to change your mind. $1 executives are rarely getting $1 once you factor in bonuses, stock options, etc.

As to unions, the unions in this country have been so de-balled since Reagan that I'm surprised any even exist anymore.

This company has already filed for bankruptcy twice. You won't change my mind that it's because workers want more money.

And that's fine. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't. No big and it's all good.
                          It wasn't necessarily over the workers demanding more money.

The contract Hostess wanted to impose on BCTGM workers includes:

-- An immediate 8 percent wage cut.

-- Shifting 20 percent more of health care costs onto the workers (for some workers, this would mean an increased cost of $240 a month for medical insurance).

-- Eliminating retiree Medigap insurance, which covers gaps in Medicare.

-- Eliminating Pension Supplement to pay health and funeral costs.

-- Closing an undisclosed 10 to 12 plants.

-- Eliminating the eight-hour day, which would mean no time-and-a-half pay after eight hours per day.

In addition, the company illegally froze pension contributions mandated under the contract for all of 2012, in violation of federal law. This is still being contested before the National Labor Relations Board.

Also Hostess went through 7 CEOs in the last decade, some executives got raises up to 80% in 2011.

Comment

And another
                            BCTGM members are well aware that as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256.

Hostess Blames Union For Bankruptcy After Tripling CEO's Pay | ThinkProgress

Comment

I've never actually tried a Twinkie, Ho-ho, or a Ding Dong - I got fat on the REALLY good stuff! So I'm actually totally ok with it.

Comment

A failure of the Unions is no reason to celebrate. It's not like the habits of Americans had changed. They'll just get their sugar fix somewhere else. In the meantime there are thousands of families without incomes.

Very shortsighted post, OP. *smh*

Comment

Working...
                                X