No announcement yet.

Best Dark Chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like the mouth feel of the bakers chocolate, it is not pleasant to me so I go with Lindt 70% or 85% prefer the 70. Also in Canada you can get the Life brand from pharmaprix/shoppersdrugmart and it is the best quality I have ever tried and cheep. made with little African slave children probably.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      Do you know if the TJ's Mexican ground chocolate bars are similar to Taza's? I tried one of TJ's the other day, and really liked it, but the price is so steep!
      No idea, unfortunately! Orlando doesn't have a Trader Joe's.

Comment

Perfect timing with the chocolate posts! Introducing it back into my diet to see how it's going to impact my fat loss and maintenance experiments. I adore the flavor of 85% Green and Blacks, but found roasted cacao nibs to be quite flavorful as well. I picked up a Lindt 90 bar for snacking this week. I'd love to find some 99% bars, I've got to go exploring for sure!

Comment

Theos does not include soy lecithin in it's bars. But it is pricey. However, one bar lasts me a whole week. My fave is the chili dark chocolate.

Comment

Ok, I found some of that 100% Godiva chocolate. Ate some and it was just...meh. The chocolate flavor was good and strong, but overall it was sort of boring, like just cocoa powder. I think that 99% World Market bar is very very tasty, and somehow tastes much sweeter by comparison.

Comment

The best dark chocolate is the dark chocolate you make yourself. Take virgin coconut oil, melt it in a double boiler with vanilla extract, add baker's chocolate (unsweetened cocoa mass), add coconut sugar til you get the desired sweetness. From there, spice it accordingly. Cayenne, sea salt, chili powder, a touch of instant coffee...the only limit is your imagination. I can't eat store bought chocolate bars after making my own. Lindt, Green & Blacks, Ghirardelli...all tastes like junk by comparison.
              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

bleh, I can't do higher than 75%. My go-to chocolate is Theo Chocolate which, lucky me, the factory is right down the street! I did splurge and buy $8/bar chocolate from Dick Taylor Chocolate (out of CA) and Dandelion Chocolate (also out of CA). Contains no dairy, soy, nut, or gluten. Only 2 ingredients-- cocoa and sugar. Aaaaaaahhhh-mazing!!!! Totally worth it.

Comment

Rawganic have a delicious one. It's high in carbs (almost 50g per 100g) but rich enough to only need a couple of pieces. might be an aussie only brand though.

Comment

I used to use the Endangered Species 88%, graduated to Lindt 90%, and occasionally use the Lindt 99% (although I don't like the texture of that as much as the 90%). I dislike the fruity ones. I don't think raw cacao is the superfood that people think it is.

Comment

Lindt 85% and Ghirardelli 86%. Two for $4 seems pretty cheap to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelle View Post
                        bleh, I can't do higher than 75%. My go-to chocolate is Theo Chocolate which, lucky me, the factory is right down the street!
                        Wow, omg, I am so jealous! They have such a beautiful display of samples! I totally just ate my lunch when I was there haha!
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
                          Raw cacao is the worst. I LOVE the taste, but if I eat beyond a small amount, I feel nauseous and dizzy. The darker it is, the worse this effect is. This doesn't seem to happen if I stick to modest amounts of non-raw dark chocolate, however.

Some of the best chocolates I've had:

Amano (https://www.amanochocolate.com/dark-chocolate)
                          Taza (Stone Ground Bars | taza chocolate store)
                          Madécasse (Madécasse Chocolate | Madagascar Chocolate)
                          Vosges (Vosges Gourmet Chocolate Exotic Candy Bars, Mix 'n' Match, Mo's Dark and Milk Bacon, Barcelona, Naga, Amalfi, Red Fire)

Out of all of these, the Taza 87% dark Bolivian chocolate is probably my favorite. Because it's stone ground, there's a grit to it, and it's got a very unique, fruity flavor. It's pretty expensive ($10 a bar at Whole Foods), but it's worth it.
                          I tried some Taza recently and also thought it was delicious. I wondered if the texture was from sugar as that was the second ingredient listed on the ones I tried. Those little round ones... Yummy!
                          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                            I tried some Taza recently and also thought it was delicious. I wondered if the texture was from sugar as that was the second ingredient listed on the ones I tried. Those little round ones... Yummy!
                            I think it's because the cacao is ground and not tempered, so it retains a grainy texture.
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nelle View Post
                              bleh, I can't do higher than 75%. My go-to chocolate is Theo Chocolate which, lucky me, the factory is right down the street!

Theo is the best dark chocolate I've ever tried in my life. I usually have a very poor palate and can't differentiate between different quality levels in many things, but the moment I tried this I instantly noticed a difference. The ingredients are high quality (no soy lecithin) and it's fair trade and organic and whatnot.

On another chocolate note, why is Green&Blacks so often touted here? Every time I check the labels of their dark chocolate, there are always weird ass ingredients like milk and soy and other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Why do so many folks recommend this brand?

Comment

Originally posted by JennGlob View Post
                                World Market has a 99 percent, it is pretty good.
                                But BRO, does it have SOY? Soy is bitch tits city Bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X