No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint and Fight Club?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now I have to see that movie. I bumped it up to #1 in my Netflix queue.

Comment

Guess I'm going to have to watch it again soon; the book was great too (read it after seeing the movie -- well, listened: unabridged audiobook...).

Comment

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Comment

Love both the book and the movie. The movie followed it really well and I can definitely relate to the narrator (being in the "gotta have it" type mindset), his material desires battling with his innate urge to free himself from it and live, well, primally (in walks Tyler Durden).

I still think it should have been subtitled: How to Build Terrorist Organizations for Dummies
          Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

I always thought the movie was overrated. Well crafted story, but overrated.

Maybe you have to be a Gen X guy to really appreciate it . . .

Comment

I hate that movie... but only because it' all the average person knows about soaping. (No you CAN"T get explosives out of your soap, and Yes I'm sure human fat would rock but I make my soap from lard cause the human version is highly illegal and dangerous)
              ~ I don't talk to people with closed minds; they tend to harbor brain fungus. ~

Comment

Originally posted by PookDo View Post
                WWE is my one thing I do watch.I will admit that.It's my guilty pleasure.Still in shock that Shawn Michaels is gone and done.Unlike Hogan and Flair who can't seem to ever go away I really feel Shawn is done.I loved his farwell and that it was so simple (typical Gen Xer).Not like Flair who had the entire WWE more or less kissing his butt only to end up in TNA. I have never seen two matches like the last two he has had at Mania with the Taker and I go back to the AWA days.When the Undertaker and Triple H are gone and have retired it will be a sad day for the WWE and I will probably not watch it anymore.None of the new guys are interesting except Edge.Shawn and Taker have to be two of the best athletes I have ever seen.I have wondered for a while if either are primal
                I heart WWE! A little over a year ago I was tired of regular TV so, in boredom, settled on watching WWE one night. Fell in LUV! That was right when the whole Orton-Triple H, feud over Orton RKOing Stephanie McMahon took off. I was hooked immediately. Good times!

And, ya know, for all the fakeness, there are some things you just can't fake. They have to be in top condition to pull off many of their stunts and to land/fall without injury. So glad Smackdown is on tonight.

Comment

Well maybe on the Gen X idea, but I'm more than quite a few years past being a Gen X kind of guy, and my wife isn't a guy or a Gen X'er -- and we both loved it.

Comment

"In the world I see – you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You will wear leather clothes that last you the rest of your life. You will climb the wrist thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. You will see tiny figures pounding corn and laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of an abandoned superhighway." Tyler Durden

Comment

Read the book!

Good for those of you who are shunning TV. (My parents still don't get that and are still asking me if I watch House.) You will find so many cooler things to do with your time Also, I'm cutting back on Internet use, except for this website!

Comment

Tangent - I was about to copy that quote in before reading yours. This film inspired me more than any other, I would say. Only problem is the people pounding corn, they should be planting vegetables!

Also, if anyone wants to fight me, that would be great. Dragonmamma, fight club was for men only - men don't hit women
                        Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

Working...
                        X