No announcement yet.

Be MOAR Primal!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would spend less time on this computer and more in the great outdoors.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Ditto Annie - I'm trying to reduce the sheer amount of information I have streaming into my life every single minute. I've cancelled my twitter account, unfriended everyone except my kids on facebook, unfollowed most blogs, and started screening my phone calls. Next step is to unplug from the email unless I'm at work. Can't quite get there yet!
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Become food self-sufficient, with a small farm. I want a small flock of dairy sheep and wool sheep. (I have raised sheep in the past so i know it's hard work) Make my own sheep's milk cheese and yogurt, raise our own meat (pork, bison, lamb), grow our own veggies, and fruit, go out in the back stream and fish for trout, and my husband could hunt for deer, and turkey, pheasant, quail. Basically, this was the way I was raised. I would snowshoe, and cross country ski during the day and spin wool and knit in the evening. Basically return to my childhood. Now if anyone could help me figure out how to finance this little endeavor that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
          . Now if anyone could help me figure out how to finance this little endeavor that would be great.
          There in lies the problem - my solution is this - SCREW THE LAW.

In otherwords rather than trying to buy land with a house on () I'm just going to buy the land and live on it in a moveable house (converted horse lorry or mobile library) this is still not legal, but planning permission is easier for things that can be driven off, plus you have to catch us first

Now we just have to sell the house
          Last edited by Tribal Rob; 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM.
          You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Rob what about a yurt? I have considered this in the past. Not as cheap as your lorry but indoor plumbing is nice.

Comment

Indoor plumbing is easy, 12v water pump powered by solar off and lesiure battery bank, hot water on demand from an LPG boiler for showers, washing up water is heated on the stove in a kettle Cassette toilet and onboard waste and clean water tanks for storage - all good.

Plus I can plan bunks and separate spaces for kids and adults in a horse lorry, not so easy in a Yurt, they are very cool though.

Also can't drive a yurt off and hide at a moments notice if you see the council comming
              You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Working...
              X