No announcement yet.

When Primal goes too far!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it's about food trackers and ratios. I've kept a food journal for over five years. It's pen to paper and takes about 10-15 minutes per day to both plan and then write down actual. Then I started reading about macros and moar fat, bingeing on fruit, etc. So I started using one of the online food trackers. It helped a little, but I kind of naturally eat protein heavy and with those proteins comes fat (animals and eggs have fat). And I probably overeat fruits occasionally in summer.

Eventually keeping my food intake on a tracker felt like work, then like a chore. I started to dislike thinking about food. So I stopped the whole online tracking thing. If I know I'm going to eat a big honkin' potato at supper, I limit my plant food in the rest of my day. That's my way of tracking.

So, for me, that was primal gone too far. Grok didn't track. S/he ate what was available and moved around a lot. There weren't any processed foods or added sugar, but I don't need a tracker to avoid those. IOW, we "go caveman," then we analyse every morsel we put in our mouths - it's positively ungrokified.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
      I think the "Grok didn't shower/brush his teeth/comb his hair" threads are going too damn far.

Get your stinky ass in the shower. You do, in fact, STINK.
      +++++1. Must be tough getting laid........
      ----------------------------------------
      F, 48, 5'10"
      Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
      Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

The forum is called "Primal Living in the Modern World"
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
          +++++1. Must be tough getting laid........
          I dunno, girls keep telling me they like how I smell more when I don't take a shower, no joke.

I couldn't say the same thing when I was addicted to sugar, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
            I dunno, girls keep telling me they like how I smell more when I don't take a shower, no joke.

I can't say I'm surprised. Some of the most offensively smelling males are the heavy aftershave users and it only gets worse later in the day as it gets more stale and mixes with their BO.

Why wouldn't girls like the smell of a healthy male rather than a cocktail of chemicals sitting over the exudations of improperly broken-down SAD food? Female sweat certainly isn't unpleasant.

Comment

Well I would say when people start taking a useful rehtorical concept as literal fact.

Or in other words - stop asking what 'grok' would have done using the frikin' internet
              You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

No one's complaining about spicy male-musk. To me, an Axe bath is just as offensive as rank BO. However, there are a few here on the forum that brag about showering only once a week, or monthly. There is NOTHING attractive about that. Anyone who tells you that you smell great 5 days post-shower is either being fecicious or has a brain tumor. And besides that, warm water feels great, why would you even want to give that up if you didn't have to?
                “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

When you feel guilty about eating food.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post

Does the possibility exist that they are -- wait for it --- lying?
                    ----------------------------------------
                    F, 48, 5'10"
                    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                      No one's complaining about spicy male-musk. To me, an Axe bath is just as offensive as rank BO. However, there are a few here on the forum that brag about showering only once a week, or monthly. There is NOTHING attractive about that. Anyone who tells you that you smell great 5 days post-shower is either being fecicious or has a brain tumor. And besides that, warm water feels great, why would you even want to give that up if you didn't have to?
                      Exactly. Fairly fresh sweat on a healthy man can smell good, but stale, multi-day funk? No matter how clean your diet is, that's not an attractive scent.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Also, the whole idea of arguing for or against sexual orientation or morality based on some notion of what prehistoric humans did to get busy--it's interesting to look at the possible arrangements of early humans, but stop trying to justify your sex life by saying that's what cavemen did.

If you're polyamorous, great, make sure everyone involved knows that so you're not hurting anyone. If you're gay, cool, and if you don't like it that people are gay, well, that's your decision, so stop blaming Grok for you being an ass. If you think men should be dominant over women in the bedroom, then find a partner who feels the same way but don't assume that's what all women want.

Seriously, the contortions people go through to make their ideas about sexuality fit their romanticized versions of prehistoric humanity make me shake my head. "My caveman genes make me want to cheat on my wife!" Get over yourself and either man up and see if she's cool with an open and/or poly relationship, get out of your marriage, or suck it up. Stop blaming the Neanderthals and take accountability for your actions.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I think the "Is politics primal thread" that happened a while back was going too far. But maybe it's just me. :P
                          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
                            Does the possibility exist that they are -- wait for it --- lying?
                            Huh? Women lying!?!?! I don't believe you!

btw - daily showerer here (if not more)
                            http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                            http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                              Well I would say when people start taking a useful rehtorical concept as literal fact.

Or in other words - stop asking what 'grok' would have done using the frikin' internet
                              and that takes us back to the ejaculation topic...what else is the internet good for?

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                                Pretty right on.

Is copulating w/out thought of procreation Primal?
                                Is wearing a bra Primal? (I'm very old, trust me, you don't want to see me braless.)
                                Is underwear Primal?
                                Is cooking on electric Primal?
                                Is personal lubricant Primal?
                                Is cock sauce Primal? (see soup thread in recipe forum)

Just being silly.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X