"Meatless Monday" WTF Los Angeles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Meatless Monday" WTF Los Angeles

Los Angeles is hoping to persuade people to become vegetarian at least one day per week. Under a resolution unanimously approved by the city council this week, all future Mondays in the City of Angels have been declared "Meatless Mondays."

'Meatless Mondays': LA urges residents to turn vegetarian one day a week - U.S. News

What a bunch of idiots.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

I saw that! I also ask, "WTF, LA?" What about cakeless Mondays? Soyless Saturdays? Sugarless Sundays?

Jeez. Glad Idon't live there.

Comment

It's just wrong in so many ways, the most obvious of which is that city officials should in no way be promoting a particular way of life, especially one that has not proven to be healthy in the first place.

And I guarantee they actually spent tax dollars doing this. Stupid.
      Durp.

Comment

I just hopee that all the Groks in LA rise up and scarifice a grass fed cow next Monday on the lawn of City Hall and have a BBQ.
        I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
        My Journal

Comment

It's been mentioned before, that one of the criticisms of Primal/Paleo is that it eliminates an entire "food group." But hardly anyone blinks an eye when praising people like Clinton for eliminating an entire "food group" by going vegan.

We live in a crazy mixed up world.
          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Can I do Meatless Monday and then double-down on meat on Tuesday?
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

i'll bet a jar of coconut oil that meat consumption starts going up on mondays.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I heard Oakland public schools are also having meatless Mondays. The funny thing is the piece I heard on the radio was about teaching kids about how far the food they are eating has traveled (they followed asparagus from Chile) so having meatless Mondays doesn't make a lot of sense because any vegetarian options for protein would be coming from a long distance as almost all soy is grown and processed in the Midwest. My guess is that they will be eating a lot of cheese pizza and justifying it because it's Meatless!
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

What has this world come to...

Comment

Alas, if only Darth Friendly were here to resurrect the Happy Murder Something and Eat It Mondays thread.
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

More for me...

The people in this state suck! The food is great!

Comment

I bet Grok didn't eat meat every single day
                        Sounds interesting.
                        Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

insane on so many levels

Comment

Let them go meatless.....more for us!
                            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a side note. I remember when I lived in Oakland in the 90s Samoans would bring in live pigs and horses and butcher and cook the in their backyards.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              I heard Oakland public schools are also having meatless Mondays. The funny thing is the piece I heard on the radio was about teaching kids about how far the food they are eating has traveled (they followed asparagus from Chile) so having meatless Mondays doesn't make a lot of sense because any vegetarian options for protein would be coming from a long distance as almost all soy is grown and processed in the Midwest. My guess is that they will be eating a lot of cheese pizza and justifying it because it's Meatless!
                              An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                              -Somebody funny

Comment

Working...
                              X