How do I get stronger a little faster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
    That was because I realized my form was off and I saw my form could only be fixed if I deloaded with 50 lbs. My body fat is increasing I guess, but very slowly my abs are still visible (as far as I have abs)
    You don't have a gram of fat on you Gadsie, at least not any that's visible in your last photo on the progress pics thread.
    Patience and persistence, my friend. And eat more, guys your age are supposed to be bottomless pits :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Gadsie, you definitely need to gain more weight, you may have gained a lot, but you are still extremely slim. Your strength will increase as you gain the muscle and frame needed to support lifting increasing weights and sets.

Are you lifting daily and not taking time off?
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Yeah I just looked up your pics (and of course your six pack thread)....

Dude, like double what you're eating. If your not eating massive amounts of food your testicles will shrink. Drink your gallon of milk a day; milk is for baby mammals, and you are a baby mammal.

When you run out of milk eat anything else you can find; including smaller, weaker children. If they are too strong to kill and eat; use that as motivation to get stronger, then repeat.
        "Go For Broke"
        Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
        Small Kine-168/9%
        Now- 200/8%
        Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post

Dude, like double what you're eating. If your not eating massive amounts of food your testicles will shrink. Drink your gallon of milk a day; milk is for baby mammals, and you are a baby mammal.

When you run out of milk eat anything else you can find; including smaller, weaker children. If they are too strong to kill and eat; use that as motivation to get stronger, then repeat.
          I agree with this. I've always eaten like a bear in October (not long after, my impression is a bear November thru March), and I've always gained easily. More calories raise your metabolism, which raises your hormones. Plus if you're working out hard, your body will need those extra nutrients.

Comment

how much do you weigh?

Comment

I'm assuming this is some version of the Starting Strength program, not sure. If not, some of this will still apply.

Food: this has been explained in detail by the other people in this thread
              Intensity: your sets should be getting harder (as in feeling harder, not just higher numbers)
              Rest periods: Ripptoe says up to 5 min. Get bored between sets.
              Lifestyle: in the words of famous strength coach Dan John...

you must master “resting.” I know that there is this urge to do this and that and this after every workout, but for a mass building program you must learn that cardio is changing channels with the remote. If you don’t sleep eight plus hours a night, it is going to impact your mass gains. Many famous bodybuilders have advocated the “Muscle Nap,” a long nap in the afternoon to simple gain muscle. Remember, you grow while you rest. Pick up basketball games are not rest!

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                how much do you weigh?
                161lbs
                well then

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post

5000 cals not enough? It's all meat, vegs, fruit, and milk. More meat or fruit would get too expensive, I don't like milk but I'll add another liter of it
                  well then

Comment

in most categories you fall in to the "novice" category. which, well, you are a novice. you're also recovering from having a severely malnourished and damaged body. which probably screwed up your testosterone production. your progress so far has been really amazing though. and you are doing a great job. just stick to what you are doing and you will get stronger. i think 5000 calories is enough. i mean, if you are feeling hungry, then eat more. but that seems about right for someone your age/weight/activity level. i wouldn't eat less if i were you though

Comment

Working...
                    X